Job description / Role
Your new role as a Contracts Engineer
- Responsible to perform contract review during bid stage and contract administration activities post award on assigned project assignments.
- Study & familiarise with Contract agreement, scope, terms & conditions etc.
- Leads agreement terms finalisation for vendors/ subcontractors agreements and preparation of bespoke agreements on project, as necessary.
- Prepare project documents like change order procedure, invoice procedure etc.; and follow-up approval of same by client.
- Gather critical information on various development of project; and timely submits contract notifications to client/ vendors/ subcontractors, as necessary.
- Timely submit Change requests to client; and follow-up for approval & issuance of Change Order.
- Maintain & update status of invoice/ contract notification/ change requests & change orders; and implementation of same.
- Actively participate in periodic meetings with project team/ client/ vendors/ subcontractors; and deliberates on contractual issues.
- Provide clarification on issues concerning contract implementation/ administration to project management team; and liaise with external parties for resolution of contractual disputes.
- Update & advise for implementation & compliance with any change in statutory & legal requirements.
- Drafts contractual responses to correspondences from client/ vendor/ subcontractors.
- Ensure that all correspondences, requiring response from GSCME, are responded in time.
- Leads preparation of all claims/ counter-claims with client/ vendor/ subcontractors; and follow-up for finalisation.
- Identifies risks to project, updates and maintains risk register.
- Assists project manager in formal closure of agreement with client.
- Complies with IMS requirements of organisation; and attend certification/ surveillance audit.
- Performs all other activities as relevant to the role.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for the Contracts Engineer position, candidates will possess the following:
- University degree in Engineering/ Quantity Surveying or related field.
- CPCM or CCCM certification shall be advantage.
- 10-12 years of progressive work experience in Pre & Post Award contract management activities with General Contracting or Subcontracting organisation in GCC (preferably UAE).
- Must be familiar with local laws regulating the Engineering & Construction sectors across GCC.
- Must have good knowledge of standard conditions of contracts including those developed by FIDIC & similar.
- Wide exposure to writing, negotiating and interpreting terms, conditions and requirements of contract agreements.
- Exposure to global best practices and trends in Oil & Gas contracting industry, in particular related to contracts administration.
- Good communication & negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical & problem solving capabilities.
- Should possess excellent organisational, leadership & interpersonal skills.
- Must have good commercial awareness and presentation skills.
- Must demonstrate quality & result-driven approach.
- Ability to works in team-oriented environment and communicate effectively with other employees of organization & external parties.
About the Company
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. We are the experts at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Our Middle East office was founded in December 2005, headquartered in Dubai UAE. We deal with clients in the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and other key areas in the region. Our consultants sector-specific knowledge and unique understanding of the local market allows us to offer an exceptional level of service across all divisions.
We currently recruit for roles in the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Architecture, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Legal, Office Support, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Sales & Marketing.
As part of our continuing expansion, we have opened a dedicated Abu Dhabi desk to further assist with our client needs across the region.