Job description / Role
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
TOGETHER WE ENSURE URBAN RAIL SAFETY AND EFFICIENCY FOR OVER 3 BILLION PASSENGERS ANNUALLY
THALES GROUP AND THALES IN UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Worldwide, our customers rely on our expertise and innovation of 62,000 people in 56 countries across five markets; Aerospace, Space, Transportation, Defence and Security.
We have been present in UAE for over 35 years and with over 300 employees to date and we are growing rapidly. Thales in the UAE is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Together we delivered technology for the Dubai metro, the longest driverless metro network in the world and a fare collection system that processes up to 250,000 transactions per day. We make UAE a safer place by providing secure electronic payment solutions, cyber security systems and communications as well as security systems for Dubai International Airport and a ir traffic management and navigation systems for Abu Dhabi's airport.
Thales people design solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our world leading Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We, deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
URBAN RAIL SIGNALING
Urban Rail Signaling is part of our Transportation business. Did you know that Thales rail-signaling technology powers the longest driverless metro network in the world? Used on over 80 metro lines in over 40 cities world-wide, our communications- based train control systems for urban rail ensures passengers' safety, improves service efficiency whilst reducing energy consumption and cost. 3 billion passengers annually benefit from the Thales Urban Rail Signaling team's innovation, vision and brilliance needed to deliver a first-class solution.
That is why we rely on our people to help us master the most complex environments for our customers, and careers start here.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A CONTRACTS ADMINISTRAOR TO JOIN THE THALES TEAM IN DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES.
• To monitor and notify delay events for extension of time (EOT) and money Claims.
• To assist the Contract Manager in preparation of the Claims proposal;
• To liaise with the other stakeholders in the project team in preparation of the Claims proposal;
• To liaise with engineering and the execution team to capture any potential deviations for additional works;
• To notify any deviation or additional work in the Subcontract for any potential Variation Orders;
• To support the Bid Manager and Quantity Surveyor in the preparation of Variation Order in compliance with the change control process;
• To maintain logs of Variations, Claims, as per contractual timeline;
• To prepare report on Schedule impact analysis with the Planner;
• To monitor routine customer correspondence and letters including contract notices, documents and replies and follow up on pending communication;
• To draft contractual correspondence for review of the Contract Manager;
• To assist in the preparation of the management reports;
• To track payments and deadlines;
• To support the Procurement Department in management of the Suppliers and support in putting in place a subcontract agreement with proper flow down of main contracts T&Cs.
• Support delivery team in resolution of contractual issues with subcontractors
• To perform and support the Contract Manager in general and daily contractual activities;
• 8 to 10 years preferably in Gulf Region with proven record of managing the Contracts. Experience in Rail project is desirable.
• Bachelor's degrees in Engineering with background of FIDIC.
• Attention to detail and the ability to spot errors and inconsistencies
• Excellent reading and language comprehension
• Ability to work with a team at all levels of an organization
• Effective ability to negotiate and execute contracts
• Exceptional communication skills (oral and written)
• Elementary knowledge of primavera is desirable
• Excellent command on Microsoft office
Your contributions to Thales' cutting-edge products make possible the continued delivery of excellence and hundreds of millions of satisfied passengers globally. If your skills, experience and attitude match the above and you are looking for exciting challenges, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch. At Thales in the United Arab Emirates, we provide careers - not jobs.
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.