Job description / Role
Be Part of a Global Firm Committed to a Sustainable World
Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
Responsible for contracts administration, interpretation of contractual issues, preparation of contracts, variations and amendments to contracts, recommendations of contract terms and conditions such as payments for materials on site, interim payment applications, extensions of time, claims. Responsible for interfacing contracts within scope packages.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Analyze the general terms and conditions of various contracts to highlight obligations, ambiguities, conflicts and deviations in party responsibilities, liabilities, scope of requirements and the like. Provide contractual advice on the resolution to problems encountered.
• Provides direction and coordination with schedule and program personnel to review baseline programs, look-ahead programs, mitigation and cause and effect programs, interface programs and analysis of progress and performance indicators.
• Attend progress review meetings, schedule and claims meetings and responsible for actions arising from the same.
• Review and develop change orders and amendments to contracts.
• Monitor and review the contract procurement and administration to ensure contracts are consistently and comprehensively controlled to maintain the highest project management standards.
• Address all high-risk related contractual correspondence and dealing with all site correspondence ensuring management of contractual issues.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• University degree in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying or Construction Management.
• Minimum 15 years experience in prime contract administration and management on large international engineering and construction activities.
• Dubai experience is preferred.
• Proven ability to perform independently in a contracts manager’s role.
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must be very organized and have effective problem solving and negotiating skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.