Job description / Role
Contracts &Procurement Lead (metal processing/recycling/refining industry)
The employee is responsible for:
• Contracting & procurement strategies and tactics
• Tendering, bid evaluation, and negotiation with Suppliers
• Contract representative for medium to high value contracts
• Supply chain improvement
• Implementation of Contractor Safety Management practices
• Contracting & procurement for project
• Supplier relationships
• Delivery and contract performance management
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Visible HSE Leadership
• Develop Contracts and Procurement strategy and conduct tender/negotiation according to company procurement process for responsible subcategories to meet business requirements
• Develop & implement procurement system for project
• Identify levers for cost improvement and drive implementation developing tactics
• develop award proposals and secure approvals
• Engage and align with key business stakeholders and Contracts Owners/Holders in all aspects of procurement decision, contract management and supplier management
• Monitors IKTVA commitment and ensures compliance
• Jointly with Business, drive discipline and performance of contractors in major Business Performance Reviews and conduct contract close out and postimplementation review as required.
• Brings in industry best practices to improve the C&P processes.
KEY DELIVERABLES & OWNERSHIP
• Contracting Policy & Procedures Manual ‘CPPM’
• Contractor Safety Management System
• Others as required
REQUIRED DEGREES / PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred
• Qualified C&P Engineer with about 15 years’ experience and good multi discipline project knowledge, out of which 5 years in the ME region including KSA
• Experience in metal processing/recycling/refining industry will be of advantage
• Proven experience in procurement / supply chain with demonstrated knowledge of inventory planning and logistics
• Proven experience in negotiating and managing medium to high value contracts
• Good understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation, and commercial issues
• Able to translate large amounts of data into useful information and draw reasonable conclusions
• Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (MCIPS) is preferred but not mandatory
• Strong and proven interpersonal, influencing & stakeholder management skill
• Experience in ERP contract management systems like SAP, Oracle is required.
• Experience of contract management applications like Ariba, Procon, etc. is required
• Preferred: International work experience in multicultural environment and accreditation from professional bodies
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil &a Gas, Power &; Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide. With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
About the Company
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.
Procurement Officer for Marine Services Company
Head of Procurement
Middle East Executive
Manpower Middle East