Job description / Role
- Provides Business Development Leadership on a regional basis for BHGE- CS in the O&G, Power and Adjacent markets, providing proactive, technical, commercial leadership at end users, EPC's and OEM's.
- Responsible for understanding customer's process control needs around turbo-compressors, unit control upgrades, DCS applications, and driving new opportunities by developing technical and commercial concepts solving those problems with BHGE solutions.
- Conducts technical seminars on compressor control and applications, turbine, generator, process control, cybersecurity and electronic safety systems.
- Responsible for driving customers to specify BHGE as preferred control supplier for upcoming new and retrofit projects, using in depth understanding of customers' needs (technical/process/commercial), using FEED documents (front end engineering design), hardware and software demonstrations and consulting selling skills.
- Is the primary conduit for regional input on the local market, voice of the customer, competitive trends.
- Tracks current opportunities, and order forecast for the assigned region.
- Provides technical sales mentoring and training of the sales force.
- Supports and provides specific project proposal support, including strategy, RFQ review/analysis, technical scoping, costing and proposal development as necessary to grow segment business.
- Provides commercialization support of existing and developing hardware and software products, including customer references, and testimonials.
- Works closely with sales team to develop opportunities, formulate and present BHGE solution to customers and close deals.
- Extensive overnight travel (25-50%) will be expected.
- Participates in team activities to establish regional business network of partnerships, alliances and integrator / distributor / reseller relationships.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Sales). Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Technical Sales.
- At least 5 years of engineering experience in compressor control applications, and gas/steam turbine control, including experience and knowledge of compressor process applications. Experience working in dedicated Unit Controllers. Prefer DCS and PLC systems experience.
- CCC systems and applications experience preferred.
- Knowledge of IEC, ISA, Shell Design/Eng. Standards, CSA, ATEX, CE, and HSE/Hazop experience
- Must be able to generate immediate credibility with customers, channel partners, GE sales and engineering communities.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and computer skills as well as the ability to multi-task in a dynamic, geographically dispersed team environment are required.
- Team player personality with high energy level, ability to manage global teams in matrix environment and start-up business mentality are keys to success in this position.
- Excellent spoken and written English skills.
- Regional spoken and written skills greatly preferred.
- Customer-focused skills, demonstrated by experience in direct sales, customer services or project management, are essential.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.