Job description / Role
• Primarily responsible for calculating costs of food and beverage items.
• Responsible for the short and long-term planning of the f&B controlling and pricing aspects.
• To record information and produce control reports periodically to help maintain a suitable inventory of food and beverage items.
• Supervise and change the price of menus items based on the costing information collected.
• Actively take part in engineering the menu in terms of the pricing.
• Building Relationships: Building strong internal and external customers relationships, anticipating, and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders through collaboration.
• Instils Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
• Action Orientated:Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Ensure Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet demands.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Supervise storekeepers, storemen (where applicable) and receiving clerk.
• Ensure the security of all stores, including proper restrictions on the issue of keys and general access
• Ensure that all incoming goods are received via the Receiving Area, with deliveries properly checked against purchase orders and market lists
• Inspect and test goods whenever deemed necessary, especially with regard to food and beverage items
• Record and verify all food and beverage invoices on daily basis for price deviation, total and unit prices which should conform to the approved market prices
• Ensure that accumulated daily invoices agree to amounts transferred to Accounts Payable
• Make regular spot checks and inspections of storerooms, receiving area, and all outlets Check duty invoices to ensure that correct duty has been applied
• Have full and extensive knowledge of the inventory system and responsible for the maintenance of the POS system
• Train users on the inventory system and assists in the setup of requisition lists, purchasing lists etc
• Ensure all inventory items are correctly set up in the inventory system including sizes, descriptions, purchase units etc
• Ensure that proper records are kept of inventory receipts, issues, returns and transfers and proper authorization thereof
• Introduce stringent cost control measures
• Monitor and investigate spoilage and recommend appropriate actions to reduce
• Coordinate with F&B Manager and Executive Chef for performing recipe costing and recommended retail prices for F&B item
• Coordinate with other operating departments for performing costing and recommended selling prices
• Conduct monthly costing and ensure prompt submission of all month-end reports within deadlines
• Conduct and coordinate monthly stock takes of outlets and storerooms
• Conduct and coordinate regular stock takes of operating equipment
• Conduct market price surveys in conjunction with the Purchasing Manager and Executive Chef
• Prepare monthly listing of slow moving and obsolete stock items with recommendations for action
• Coordinate with other departments, especially F&B Department regarding cost matters
• Calculate daily cost of sales with regard to officer’s checks and entertainment bills
• Monitor food cost of sales on a regular basis to ensure it remains in line with budget
• Flexible in relation to working hours
• Maintain good relations with other departments
• Handle all requests and enquiries in a timely, efficient and friendly manner
• Perform any additional tasks assigned to ensure that the outlet functions smoothly"
• Support Chief Clerk/Assistant in preparing proper documentation for balance sheet reconciliation.
AED 6,000 to 10,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Competitive Salary & Benefits
• Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
• Education: Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant study (Required)
• Experience: F&B Cost Controller in UAE: 3 years (Required)
• UAE Visit or Resident VISA (Required)
• Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Experience with accounting software.
• Computer literacy, MS Excel in particular (familiarity with VLOOKUPs and pivot tables)
• Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail
• Strong time management skills
• Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information
About the Company
We offer extraordinary events.
We are a collection of visionaries, strategists, planners and creators, brought together to offer extraordinary events.