Job description / Role
General Description of Role & Responsibilities:
- Daily monitoring of contractor progress including materials delivered, materials installed, materials dredged, labor resources employed, equipment resources utilized and other statistical management
- Verification of the contractors monthly request for payment derived from surveyed completed fill quantities
- Development and provision of data and information to produce progress reporting and monthly schedule status
- Specific tasks will include but are not limited to the support of:
- Set-up of the budget and reporting process
- Accumulation of statistical progress and resource data on a daily basis
- Quantity estimates for progress payment purposes
- Updated final quantity estimates based upon actual progress data
- Provision of progress data for schedule purposes
- Assistance as required for development of budgets and costs-at-completion
- Variation analysis and estimates
- Analysis of costs of delay as required
- Cost analysis of alternative means and methods as required
- Minimum of 12 years experience in construction projects
- Degree qualifications in Quantity Surveying or Cost Engineering attested by UAE authorities
- An understanding of costs and FIDIC
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to develop good working relationships with clients and their agents
- UAE / Middle East working experience essential
- Possesses the technical/professional knowledge required to successfully perform job duties
- Adheres to Hill's Standard of Conduct
- Reliable, trustworthy and persistence
- Proficient in English, speaking, writing and listening
- Initiative and creativity
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and takes ownership of work and makes suggestions for improvement
- Possesses a flexible approach to work
- Leadership - Demonstrates the ability to lead and direct others in accomplishing work, Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Planning and Organizing - Posseses the capability to organize work effectively
- Skills in organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling workflow
- Job Knowledge - Keen attention to detail
- High Quality of Work - Responsible attitude
- High Productivity - Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
- Judgment - decisions are based on logical assumptions; reflect factual information and available resources.
- Able to work well under pressure.
About the Company
Ignite is a specialist Construction and Property Recruitment Consultancy. We are experts in the Middle East and Asia markets which we service from our offices in the UAE and UK.
Our consultants operate in a niche market making them experts in their sector. This allows us to offer our clients and candidates expert market knowledge whilst building long term relationships.
We pride ourselves on recruiting Construction and Property staff of all levels and disciplines. We offer the same high quality service whether you are recruiting or seeking work from Engineer through to Company Director level.