Job description / Role
At Accor, our financial operations thrive with the commitment of Colleagues who model our values. As Cost Supervisor, you will be responsible for the efficient operation of the Cost Control section.
Th8 Dubai is a pre-opening 5* hotel, located at the Palm Jumeirah Island, inspired by the fashion, glamour and jet-set lifestyle of the cool white sands and art deco scene of Miami Beach. The hotel boasts of its direct beach access with uninterrupted views of the Palm, Dubai's iconic skyline and the Arabian Sea that will provide an ultimate luxury experience at the Palm Jumeirah. The project has a total of 162 guest rooms and suites and 3 food beverage outlets with creative & unique concepts. In addition the hotel also features meeting facilities covering over 200 square meters that can host a range of events from small corporate meetings, product launches and team building activities to outdoor receptions and bespoke social events beach and poolside.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Finance Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor and control all procedures that affect the receipt, distribution, sale and general controls of food and beverage product to ensure that all associated functions are executed according to the company policies and procedures
- Coordinate, attend and monitor all food and beverage inventory counts to ensure accuracy
- Manage the database for Food and Beverage inventory stock, including up-to-date pricing
- Manage the cost allocation transfer system for Food and Beverage supplies
- Cost all food and beverage items and, where practical, input these costs into the point of sales system and generate monthly potential food and beverage reports
- Price all food and beverage storeroom requisitions and prepare monthly calculations for food and beverage costs and storeroom variances
- Prepare menu costing in order to establish competitive menu prices
- Constantly monitor all food and beverage controls to ensure compliance with company's policies and procedures
- Ensure proper storage and issuance of all Food and Beverage items
- Summarize transactions for each financial period close
- Establish and monitor operational controls in Banquets and food and beverage outlets
- Monitor and record all house account meals and entertainment expenses and report any instances of non-compliance to the Finance Manager
- Perform any other spot checks as prescribed in the food and beverage manual
- Maintain compliance with company standards, and food and beverage policies and procedures
- Attend Food and Beverage meetings as required
- Perform other function related duties as assigned
- Accountant or accounting graduate is an advantage.
- Experience in a similar position in a hotel is a must
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications or relevant computer applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.