Job description / Role
A fresh and innovative technical school in Abu Dhabi is seeking an adept Home Economics/Culinary Teacher. The organization is focused on developing well-qualified and professionally skilled 16–18-year-old youths by providing the educational training and skills necessary for a successful career in today’s world.
Duties include providing state of the art instruction, maintaining a safe and orderly learning environment and securing positive business and industry relationships. Successful candidates shall join a learning organization that values collaboration and teamwork, encourages ethical behavior, facilitates life-long learning, and utilizes new technologies.
* Responsible for planning, managing, and improving the learning of students, working with other team members.
* In collaboration with the team to implement and continually improve curriculum, teaching learning and assessment strategies.
* To manage the learning of the students and collaborate with other teachers.
* To manage all facilities and activities related to achieving student learning.
* To play a leadership role in role-modeling behavior, attitudes and learning behaviors for students.
* To develop and maintain teaching materials and assist with program quality assurance processes.
* Master’s or Bachelor's Degree in the relevant area.
* Excellent oral and written English essential
* IELTS 7 Academic for non-first language English speakers only – mandatory
* Arabic Language is an advantage
* Experience (industry or university or craft) in a relevant area of programming of food production (cook, baker, confectioner, system gastronomy)
* Minimum 2 years of relevant vocational teaching/training, developing and fostering skills
* Ability to teach the following: Production of doughs and masses, preparation of dishes, serving skills
* Cultural awareness of the area
* IT skills
* Practical skills in the relevant area including up-to-date legal requirements and Health & Safety regulations
About the Company
Gulf Education is a boutique student centred company specialising in education consultancy, professional development, teacher recruitment, the design and furnishing of modern educational spaces for students.
Our team consists of educators, project managers, designers, consultants and school leaders who all have previous experience in the field of education and are driven by one mission – to create student centred learning environments that stimulate and inspire.