Job description / Role
- The role holder is responsible for managing the Customer Due Diligence (CDD) Unit within the wider Compliance team and providing subject matter expertise to senior management and business units.
- The role holder shall also manage the allocation of high-risk customer profiles received from the business for account opening in order to conduct a review of their KYC information and determine whether it is in line with the Bank's risk appetite.
- Day-to-day management of the high-risk customer profiles received from the Business for account opening. The role holder will allocate the customer profiles to be reviewed and assessed against the Bank's policies and procedures based on the staff workload and the complexity of the case.
- Approve the account opening for customers risk rated as high within the agreed turnaround time.
- Prepare periodic KYC Management Information (MI) reports to provide the Head of Compliance with an update on the operations and effectiveness of the unit. Act as a senior referral point for KYC matters.
- Support the Head of Compliance as the primary contact for KYC and customer due diligence related matters.
- Ensure that the Account Opening Forms (AOFs) and KYC checklists for all customers are up to date and in line with all applicable regulations.
- Ensure that all related policies and procedures are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated to relevant stakeholders as required.
- Ensure that the team operates efficiently and adheres to internal procedures.
- Manage the Quality Control reviews of customer's profiles to assess the effectiveness of the Bank's KYC ongoing due diligence process.
- Define and manage the internal procedures for the Compliance CDD team to ensure consistency while reviewing high-risk customer profiles.
- Provide guidance to the Compliance CDD team on their review of high-risk customers. Support the team on how to validate the clients' KYC risk profile and raise any points of concern.
- Support the Compliance CDD team in their review of customer profiles when cases received are higher than the average or when there are staffing constraints that could limit the team's capacity.
- Supervise the exception handling process in place to manage cases where required KYC information might not be available (either temporarily or permanently) for the Bank or identified might indicate a heightened risk of financial crime.
- Supervise the Manual Override process in place to override the system generated customer risk scoring, where a higher risk rating is seen more appropriate after conducting the customer due diligence.
- Support the AML/CFT team with client exit requests for financial crime reasons and engage with the Business to further review the escalated cases.
- Participate in the delivery of KYC related training to relevant staff through workshops or face-to-face awareness sessions
- Bachelor's Degree as a minimum from a recognized university.
- CAMS or ICA or CFCS or CRCMP or other AML/CDD certificates is preferred.
- At least 6+ years of experience in the banking/financial services sector (and three in a Customer Due Diligence (CDD) role).
- Good understanding and awareness of financial crime regulatory requirements and international best practice.
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting relevant regulations and regulatory requirements.
- Analytical and attention to detail.
- Problem identification and solving skills.
- Good written and oral communication.
- Management skills: ability to lead a team and manage performance.
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.
Assistant Manager AML Transaction Monitoring - UAE National
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|
AML Operation Executive
|Abu Dhabi||11 Mar|
Customer Service Associate
Regus / IWG
Customer On-Boarding Officer