Job description / Role
Responsible for tackling the inquiries received from customers and giving timely solutions/suggestions to customer inquiries. Receive, coordinate, and process all sales orders based on the customer’s requests (with accuracy and speed). Execute all shipments for which bookings are confirmed by sales in a prompt and efficient manner. Manage CS team to provide timely and efficient service to clients.
• Proactively manages the shipment process from booking to job closure, in compliance with all company procedures. Provide status updates to customers and resolve inquiries.
• Oversee daily monitoring efforts to ensure productivity objectives meet company/departmental standards. Facilitate problem solving and collaboration in the team.
• Make sure that special instructions are followed by the team and appropriate methods are utilized at all times.
• For Import: Coordinate with the overseas carrier, agents, and shippers depending on the type of import shipment.
• For Export: Coordinate with carriers, POL agents, Customer brokers trucking companies, warehouse, terminal, CFS as required as per the type of export shipment
• Keep close contact with and build rapport and trust with customers to ensure an exceptional customer experience including but not limited to information exchange, detailed customer profiles, pricing/quote inquiries, dispute/claims resolution, invoicing, and resolving complaints. Ensures services are delivered to the customers as promised and/or that the customers are kept informed of relevant deviations
• Respond to all client inquiries regarding the updated status of the order(s), by e-mail or phone, depending upon the client’s preference and/or the time-sensitivity of the order
• Owns all customer issues and facilitates their timely and effective resolution by engaging relevant internal stakeholders. Serve as the customer’s advocate by understanding customer requirements/expectations and act as a liaison between the customer and business representatives including credit, supply chain, technical support, product management, and sales
• Constantly improve customer satisfaction. Develop the current customer's potential. Understands the customers’ business drivers and leverages them to continuously improve cooperation and process to the mutual benefit of the company and the customers
• Closely monitor team performance and support wherever required.
• Workload to be measured and distributed evenly
• Educational qualification: Bachelor degree or equivalent
• At least 10 years of experience in related freight forwarding covering Air and Sea Freight.
• Product knowledge in Line and Logistics.
• Education and experience in shipping. Shipping market knowledge.
• Knowledge of all segments such as full container, LCL, Air consoles, courier, etc.
• Problem-solving skills in the operational process. Shipping modules and product knowledge.
• Performance focused – proactive self-starter biased to do things before being asked; attention to detail and excellent organization skills; creative insight into problem-solving; able to multi-task, manage time and balance multiple priorities.
• Able to work with minimal supervision.
• Customer Service Oriented – outstanding communication and people skills; energetic and enthusiastic; takes initiative to effectively anticipate the needs, handle the issues, and resolve the problems of internal and external customers.
• Views complaints as opportunities; acts as a customer advocate building relationships and long-term mutual benefit
• Team-oriented – actively promote a cooperative/positive team spirit and respect the diverse contributions of teams; partners and networks; create and build value for the company and its stakeholders.
• Good understanding and living up to the company’s values.
• Possess good communication and strong interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in English (oral and written), Fluent in English both written and spoken including the ability to communicate with confidence.
• PC literate- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel
About the Company
DFreight is a digital freight forwarder company.
We provide an online collaborative platform to streamline the shipping processes. We aim to make the best freight forwarding experience for both customers and suppliers through technology solutions and utilizing data that provides efficiency, transparency, and cost-effectiveness.
At DFreight, we dedicate our time to improving the transportation industry. We use cutting-edge technologies, state-of-the-art equipment, and a team full of professionals to provide our valued customers with the smartest logistics solutions. DFreight has gathered together more than 50 professionals in two main offices located in the UAE and Armenia.
Our vision is to develop the most advanced freight forwarding platform so that our customers can manage their whole supply chain, including shipments, cargo, and freight. We run our business fully aware of our duty to generate added value in everything we do, to satisfy our employees and partners, as well as to make investments that contribute to their development.
Customer Service Agent
Customer Service Executive
Excelsior Group ME
Customer Support Representative
Customer Service Manager