This position is closed or expired.
See other Admin jobs
Al-Futtaim Logistics is a leading Supply Chain Management company in Dubai, UAE, with our major shareholder being one of the largest business houses in the lower Gulf region. Al-Futtaim logistics, started as a small warehouse for Al-Futtaim products about 25 years ago, and has developed over the years into one of the largest logistics service providers in the UAE. We have nearly 500 people on our diverse team from 20 different countries.
We offer superior Pan-Arab supply chain management solutions including warehousing and distribution, freight forwarding as well as IT solutions and Supply Chain Design and Consulting. The company has an international network of offices and agents for overseas freight and warehousing and distribution centres in all major UAE cities and ports.
We are currently looking to recruit a Customs Documentation Clerk toÂ work from our Dubai based operations. Reporting to Team Leader - Customs Clearance, you will be responsible for effectively handling customs clearance documentation process and liaise with all stakeholders to ensure efficient and timely delivery of shipments as per agreed KPIs.
As Customs Documentation Clerk your primary responsibilities will include, but not be restricted to:
* Efficient handling of Mirsal 2 declaration for Import and Export shipments
* Review and identify the customs documentation requirements
* Review and process the different type of customs forms required for re-export and stamping procedures
* Effectively maintain CDR and Standing Guarantee accounts within the stipulated time frame and avoid any fines /penalties
To be successfully considered for this role, you must have:
* Minimum 2 years experience as customs clearance clerk
* Working experience of Mirsal 2
* Excellent communication and computer literate (MS office)
* Knowledge of customs clearance procedure and documentation requirements of UAE/ GCC is a must to effectively handle this role
* An overall professional and positive attitude
* Punctuality is must and flexible working hours
* Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge: Graduation level
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.