Job description / Role
• Minimum of eight years of hands-on experience in an equivalent Information Security role. Banking and/or financial services industry experience, a plus.
• Hands-on experience installing and administering a variety of security systems including firewalls (Palo Alto highly preferred), SIEM, manage antivirus/antimalware, patch management, DLP, and general security tools.
• Strong knowledge of at least four of the following areas: IAM, system virtualization, Windows and Unix Security, Cloud Security, Application Whitelisting, Vulnerability Management, or endpoint security controls.
• Recent programming knowledge (PowerShell, Perl, Python).
• Experience using security tools such as log analyzers, network tracers, and vulnerability scanners.
• Knowledge of the following security solutions is a plus: Palo Alto Cortex, Email Security, SIEM, EPP/EDR, DLP, Palo Alto Firewalls installation/config.
• Demonstrated project management skills and ability to track and report progress against established milestones, metrics and deliverables.
• Excellent written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to write with purpose, clarity, and accuracy to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills and operate with minimal supervision.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, a related field, or equivalent work experience, is preferred.
• Industry certification is a plus: GIAC Security Essentials, Certified Ethical Hacker, GIAC Certified Incident Handler, Certified Security Administrator (firewall), CISSP, CISM, or CISA.
• 8+ years relevant information work experience. Professional experience in a dedicated security operations role.
Intermediate to advanced knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Systems Security
• Network Security
• Cloud Security
• An understanding of networking fundamentals.
• Professional experience with SOC or systems/network administration.
• Knowledge of industry standard security practices, methods and frameworks.
• Strong desire to grow your knowledge and skills as a security practitioner.
• Excellent capacity and interest in self-directed learning and on-the-fly research.
• Self-motivated and results-oriented.
• Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills.
About the Company
MENTOR is a management consulting firm that helps organizations reach their full potential. Since our establishment in 2006, we have guided organizations of all sizes on their journey to achieve excellence.
Through a deep understanding of our clients’ operations and challenges, we offer comprehensive recommendations and solutions that can achieve desired change. And we reinforce this change through learning programs and digital tools that align and nurture talent.
Our advisory services provide direction to organizations on how to create positive change and become more efficient and cohesive. We also equip people with the skills and knowledge required for change, through a variety of customized learning solutions. And we empower change through digital applications that help clients to implement solutions, and to operate and learn more effectively.
IT Support Engineer - L1, L2 L3
Operating System Administrator
Middle East Executive
|Abu Dhabi||18 Aug|
ARCCO (Al Raeel National General Contracting Co.)
TGC Middle East