Job description / Role
As the Cybersecurity Specialist, you will be responsible to guard all platforms, from both internal and external threats by designing broad defences against intruders.
A leading tech organisation investing heavily in security to strengthen their internal processes.
* Take the lead on day-to-day monitoring for unusual activities, working with IT Infrastructure to implement defensive protocols, and report incidents.
* Collaborate with other members of the cybersecurity team to develop new protocols, layers of protection, and other both proactive and defensive systems that stay one step ahead of cyber criminals.
* Maintain security guidelines, procedures, standards, and controls documentation.
* Maintain a working knowledge of current cybercrime tactics.
* Sharing & establishing a security standard to all engineers and working closely with CTO to define the process for security implementation in software development lifecycle.
* Collect data on current security measures for risk analysis and write regular systems-status reports.
* Constantly monitor for attack and run appropriate defensive protocols.
* Conduct internal vulnerability testing to identify weaknesses and collaborate with the cybersecurity & tech team to update defensive protocols as necessary.
* Collaborate with IT Infrastructure to make sure all anti-virus systems, firewalls, data centers and software updates with a security-first mindset.
* Grant credentials to authorised users, monitor access-related activities and check for unregistered information changes. This can be achieved by working with IT Security Engineer for internal tools audit.
* Help lead employee training against phishing and other forms of cyberattack.
* Work with cross-functional teams to ensure high quality of security throughout the software development lifecycle.
* Implement SSO, MDM, and other security implementation tasks to support CTO and DPO.
* Dynamic work environment.
* Opportunity to work on exciting projects and lead the way for growing an cybersecurity function.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent practical experience.
* At least 6 years of work experience in a Cyber Security team.
* Understand the modern stack of infrastructure and backend technologies, such as Rest API, docker, kubernetes, microservices, API proxy.
* Having programming experience (at any language) to support day-to-day system security taks.
* Hands on Experience using security related tools & platform but not limited to:
* SIEM: Splunk Enterprise + ES, Prelude, ELK+Kibana
* NMS: Vigilo, Solarwinds
* SOAR: Splunk Phantom, Palo Alto XSOAR
* EDR: Carbon Black, Crowdstrike and Fireeye
* Vulnerability Scanners: OpenVas, Nessus, Qualys
* Firewalls: Palo Alto, Fortigate, IPFire, pfSense, F5
* Penetration Testing Tools: linux arsenal (nmap, Metasploit, wifite, etc.)
* Threat Intelligence: Open source, anomali, fireeye
* Sandbox: Cuckoo, Fireeye
* Forensics Solutions: Encase Guidance, FTK, XRY Forensics, Volatility, Wireshark, Tableau
* Operating Systems Security: Windows, Linux, MacOS
* Cloud: Alibaba Cloud, Microsoft Azure, AWS
* Familiar with modern agile development and all the related tools: JIRA, confluence, etc.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT Security Specialist
IT Support Engineer - L1, L2 L3
Cyber Ops – Network Security Consultant
Operating System Administrator
Middle East Executive
ARCCO (Al Raeel National General Contracting Co.)