Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 80+ cities across 14 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will work closely with product and engineering teams to define and tackle focused as well as open-ended problems. In the process, you will:
- Embark on exploratory data analysis projects to achieve better understanding of phenomena as well as to discover untapped areas of growth and optimization.
- Help define and track the appropriate key metrics for specific projects.
- Design and run randomized controlled experiments, analyze the resulting data and communicate results with other teams
- Help design A/B and Multivariate tests and their reporting tools for product teams
- Collaborate with engineers to build prototype predictive models into production and re-iterate as needed.
The ideal candidate is innovative, detail-oriented, result-focused, has a solid quantitative background, business savvy, and takes full ownership of their work from the inception of the idea to the implementation of the final product. In particular, the requirements are:
- 2+ years experience in A/B testing analysis, data mining, predictive modeling, time series analysis, machine learning, Big Data methodologies, transformation and cleaning of both structured and unstructured data.
- Fluency in English along with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience in at least 2 of the following: SQL, R, Python, Spark, Hive, RapidMiner.
- Demonstrated experience with database technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Amazon EMR, Hive, Oracle, SAP, DB2, Teradata, MS SQL Server, MySQL) is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with business intelligence and visualization tools (Tableau, MicroStrategy, ChartIO, Qlik) along with geospatial data processing skills is also a plus.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline such as Physics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.