Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
As on of Chalhoub' s Startup incubator businesses, Wear That is a luxury service for everyday girls offering a completely stress-free shopping experience by combining the expertise of our personal stylists with data science and technology to curate boxes of looks customized to each client that comes our way. Since its inception in 2018, Wear That has used this model to transform the way all women find pieces they love in pursuit of ensuring that every client looks, and more importantly, feels amazing!
What you'll be doing
At Chalhoub we use data to make a difference. As a data analyst for commercial, you will use data from both physical and digital channels to develop a robust understanding of the performance of our business. You will be a critical partner for our commercial leaders, using innovate systems to help create incredible experiences!
- Developing a unified view of a business unit's performance, from end-to-end
- Performing analyses that identify risks to and opportunities for trading
- Recommending optimizations to omni-channel marketing campaigns
- Using external market data to understand how the retail landscape is evolving
- Increasing the efficiency of business operations by providing data driven insights
- Identifying opportunities to automate business processes through data and AI
- Working with the team to operationalize and deliver impact with data products
- Championing the collection of high quality data in our various sales channels
- Keeping your knowledge up to date via trainings and on the job learning
- Being a positive ambassador of the broader data organization and culture
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience with data analytics and asking the "so what" questions
- Amazing communication and the ability to work with various business heads on their analytics needs to drive growth
- Excellent knowledge and skills with SQL, Python or R
- Experience with visualization tools
- Experience with predictive analysis, machine learning and AI
- Desire to work in a cool startup environment
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.