Job description / Role
We are currently recruiting a Data Architect for an exciting opportunity here in Dubai. The primary responsibility of this role is to provide hands-on architecture leadership, guidance and mentoring to the different technical teams across the business. You will define a robust architecture for building new applications and modernizing existing applications, leveraging and enhancing existing building blocks or creating new reusable components combined with being responsive and decisive on adjusting our product architecture as customer requirements, market conditions and as technology evolves.
Applications are sought from those with experience in the following key areas:
• Assist in catering for modernizing or building the Information Architecture for realizing the goals of a data driven organisation, leveraging and enhancing existing building blocks or creating new building blocks
• Provide information architecture leadership to the application architects and agile development teams to enable development of appropriate solution designs
• Assist in developing Information Solutions - research, analyse, design, propose and deliver information solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies by understanding Business Needs, aligning business and Information strategies, and identify gaps and solutions to achieve project objectives.
• Define Information Boundaries - management of risks associated with information and IT assets through appropriate standards & security policies
• Partner with Internal teams - serve as a guide for Enterprise and Application Architects, Data Stewards and Business Analysts to understand and deliver information needs
• Establish Metadata and Governance Architecture - development of data governance capabilities including use of tools like metadata management, business glossary, data profiling, data discovery, data quality and related operations
• Responsible for understanding, advocating and successfully deploying information analytics solutions which are relevant and appropriate for current and future business needs.
• Define and manage the enterprise data structures required to support the enterprise through the Enterprise Information & Analytics (EIA) function. Own and understand data from an enterprise perspective and represent the data so it can be understood and consumed uniformly throughout the company.
• Utilise a range of new design techniques optimised for Information Analytics data structures and will be capable of teaching these techniques to the application architects.
About the Company
Stanley James is a privately owned recruitment business with offices in both Dubai and Cape Town allowing us to have global reach and a strong presence across EMEA and APAC. We have an expert team of recruitment specialists that are people centric, knowledgeable and driven to connect talent across all corporate functions. We are the partner of choice for SMEs, niche industry specialists and enterprises across the Technology, Financial Services, Management Consultancy, Legal, Construction & Engineering and Energy & Oil Gas sectors.
We typically recruit a wide range of skillsets across all corporate services, front/back office functions and commercial leadership teams. This includes Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Sales & Marketing, Engineering, C-Level/Leadership, Business Change, Operations, Special Projects and Business Support Services.