Job description / Role
We are looking for an experienced Data Architect to work for a Large Telephonic Company in the UAE.
This is an initial 6 month contract however the project is going to be 3 years long so there are likely to be extensions.
Please read the full job description.
As part of the GF Business Transformation, we are aiming for a transformation within 3 key areas:
• Advanced business capabilities, new revenue streams, new business models, enabling business autonomy, time-to-market.
• Resilient and flexible IT architecture, Innovation & adoption of emerging technologies, vendor partner effectiveness.
• Agile way of working, empowered teams and a collaborative culture, a results-driven culture where accountability is key, and a process-driven organisation based on a high degree of automation.
The key purpose of the role is to have an expert architect provide technical leadership and strategic direction for the technologies, standards, processes and architecture for data across the enterprise. In addition, the role entails addressing tactical data analysis and migration activities, such as:
• Customer/Products/Services data analysis & modelling
• Data migration approach
• Data ETL from the new stack into the BI stack
• Bring thought leadership in the design of the end-to-end analytics & insights data platform architecture
The role is expected to be 50:50 technical and business facing.
• Expertise in extracting Data from BSS stack (and messaging data) in order to be able to send to different teams for corporate reporting purposes (ie. match their requirements) and other entities such as Revenue Assurance, Fraud Management.
• Experience in Data migration strategy form legacy to greenfield BSS stack.
• Expertise in Data modeling/analysis of customers and products to be migrated from legacy to greenfield BSS stack.
• Does not need to be from Telco industry (just a plus).
• Data architect strategist (able to put together different programs to build out our data platform).
• Someone who has experience of pulling out real time data for the different areas of business and modelling that data appropriately for the business.
• Have to have modern techniques of using data and putting it together.
• Will have expertise level experience in defining data management.
• Need to have system migration experience (legacy systems in to our new systems) – (A must have).
• Must be able to build strategy for data platform – Building it out for all areas of business over long-term solution (A must have).
About the Company
Founded in 1996, Halian is an IT services company with a strong track record of delivering value for our customers across the UK, Europe, The Middle East and Africa.
The experience we have gained means that we can help our clients reduce information technology costs, increase IT systems performance, and free up valuable internal resource to focus on core business activities. Our knowledge base covers a variety of industry sectors including Government, Healthcare, Telecommunications and Pharmaceuticals, as well as a specialist Financial markets capability in our Luxembourg office.
We operate with a culture of openness and trust that helps us to develop strong working relationships with our clients and with our core technology partners Dell, Oracle, Red Hat and Symantec.
Our three key service offerings of Managed Services, Resourcing Services and Professional Services can be used independently or integrated to provide a truly comprehensive service.