Job description / Role
An Oracle Data Center Manager will be the technical liaison between the technology teams and the Data Center Environment. In this role, you will be responsible to solve all but the most complex infrastructure issues. As a skilled troubleshooter on a wide range of Data Center environments and systems you understand which issues to escalate to the appropriate resolver groups. You create and maintain documentation on technologies you support. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. You know how to innovate and make decisions on your own, but also know how to take direction when it is given, paying attention to all details involved. You will be expected to improve and contribute to the definition and specification of global processes to improve and enhance global scalability, in addition to introducing automation with aim towards simplification.
In your position as Data Center Manager you will be managing a team of Technicians in a 24/7/365 working environment. You will deliver results against a defined set of objectives and maintain an effective management of staffing, training, coaching and performance supervision. Administrative duties include employee vacation and shift management, planning for capacity changes, maintaining corporate databases and ensuring compliance with Oracle and government regulations.
You are able to execute small projects on your own and work with your region manager in planning and executing larger local projects. Some travel will be involved.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Oracle Data Center and infrastructure.
- Monitors the Data Centre infrastructure, to ensure responsiveness and availability is maintained in accordance with SLAs.
- Responsible for managing a team of techs in a 24/7/365 working environment.
- Oversees operational Data Centre projects and activities to ensure they are delivered to meet requirements.
- Ensures incident, problem and change management processes and communications are strictly adhered to by Data Center staff.
- Ensure team manages incidents, problems and changes to the service efficiently and effectively following the agreed and documented processes.
- Ensure best in class Oracle standards are followed by staff, vendors and contractors.
- Participate in On-Call rotation as Manager On-Duty with other DC Managers in Region.
- Plan, agree and participate in scheduled BCP/DR exercises.
- Ability to understand customer urgency and sensitivity of problem.
- Communicates with senior managers to advise, influence and determine strategic business needs.
- Experience with and ability to communicate to executive levels.
- Ability to work as part of a wider global team.
- Cross cultural experience.
- Working on standardization projects for both hardware and software under the Oracle technology stack; while providing consistent system uptime as expected in an IaaS environment.
- Outstanding organizational skills, ability to prioritize effectively, and experience with technical project management.
- +5 years experience managing teams, including line management, appraisals, performance reviews, development, hiring and onboarding new team members, etc.
- 3-8 years of experience in IT Infrastructure support and server administration in a mid-sized environment (200 - 1000+ server systems).
- 3-8 years of experience supporting and troubleshooting distributed, N-Tier applications, software, and operating systems.
- Previous experience in co-determination requirements and working with employee representatives / Works Council desirable.
- Excellent English language skills with strong communication skills required. Additional German language skills are an advantage.
- Must have demonstrated expertise in two or more of these areas:
- Systems administration (Linux and/or Windows Servers)
- Networking (DNS, TCP/IP)
- Programming / scripting (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP)
- Demonstrated examples of process improvement execution
- Demonstrated examples of a drive to dig into the details of a system or process to solve customer problems
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to work independently, with little direct management
- Experience supporting large Enterprise customers in an Operations environment
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.
Data Center Operations Manager
|Abu Dhabi||19 May|
Head of Information Services
IT Project Manager
Systems Middle East (SME)
Deputy Manager - IT Infrastructure
Viva HR Consultants
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)