Job description / Role
• Expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
• Building data pipeline and optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
• The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
• They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
• Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
• Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
• Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
• Any other reasonable request of work task as allocated by the Line Manager or other Senior Management.
• Education: B.Sc. Computer Science or related fields
• Knowledge & Experience: 5+ years in deployment, integration and server management as well as experience with writing scripts using Python and Bash
• Advanced knowledge of SQL and non-SQL databases.
• Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
• A strong knowledge of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
• Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc
• Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
• Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
• Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
• Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
• Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
About the Company
Executive Solutions is a different breed of talent consultancy. Driven by a unique philosophy, we think differently and act differently from the pack. Were here to do one thing: to improve our clients businesses by finding, focusing and delivering the most talented people.
We dont just do traditional contingency recruitment. Discovering talent is much more than just matching a CV to a vacancy - its about understanding companys corporate culture and ensuring a comprehensive match. We believe that in order to find the right candidate we must understand the motivations and ambitions of senior management, which is reflected in our personal approach when partnering with a client.
Executive Solutions is your trusted talent solutions partner head quartered in Dubai, specialising in direct talent, tailored talent and HR talent solutions, along with Nationalisation initiatives throughout the Middle East. Driven by a unique philosophy, we incorporate innovative and comprehensive talent management solutions each tailored to suit what our clients need.
Beaconhouse School System
|Al Ain||19 Mar|
Lindner Middle East
IT System Admin for a Leading Company
TXM Recruit - Dubai (TXM Labour Supply)
|Abu Dhabi||15 Mar|