Job description / Role
• Lead on digital and TV raw/aggregated data ingestion, understanding and management with major focus on audiences (ie. subscribers, users, viewers), content (ie. Genre, program) and technology usage (ie. apps, VOD, web, social media),
• Assist the Implementation of valuable metrics and data analytics techniques (ie. digital attribution, time series, descriptive modelling, lifetime value, churn propensity, behavioural segments) in Amazon Web services Big data platform to boost TV and overall digital business performance.
• Work on large raw databases and aggregated individual level audience/subscriber’s datasets from Linear TV, digital, VOD, SVOD and App platforms.
• Lead on data cleansing, health check and validation on top of Redshift tables (DWH) for reporting/analytics purposes using SQL workbench, Python, Map reduce and Lambda.
• Support data scientists and head of Analytics with data engineering related tasks and data Processing for root cause analysis of changes in Audience or subscriber’s Behavioral patterns.
• Support data scientists and head of Analytics in building the right data warehouse table and calculating the right /KPIs for data Products coming from:
- Return Path Data
- Mobile apps related Data
- Web Related Data (google analytics, google Big Query)
- Social Media Web Related Data Click stream
- Audience TV / Radio data
• Assist in data re-structuring/normalization/merging/processing in both Fast Transaction MBC Group data assets or external primary research data such as: Brand Imagery trackers, Segmentation, U&A etc.
• Assist in developing applications, simulators and macros.
• Lead on running regularly quality checks of data.
• Act the single source and point of contact for data related matters.
• Work closely with Techops and Big data architect for future implementations.
• Holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Actuarial Sciences, Computer Science, Information technology or related discipline from a reputable University
• Minimum 2 years experience in similar role
• Solid experience with digital data universe (ie. Web, Google, adobe)
• At least 2 years experience with Big data platform.
• Strong knowledge and experience using Big Data engineering tools and languages (ie. Python, Lambda, SQL Workbench, Map reduce, SPARK, Lambda)
• Understanding of standard digital technologies used for commercial VOD, ecommerce and subscription services including cookies, beaconing, working with tag management data and data layers or SDKs and ad-serving technologies,
• Good Knowledge with data visualization software (Tableau, Business objects, Qlick, Microsoft) is a plus.
• Fluency English is a must
• Deep understanding of structuring and querying data using Structured Query Language (SQL), Python, Lambda and Map reduce.
• Knowledge in Data Blending of multi-sourced data set in Amazon web services environment.
• Knowledge in Excel Macros / VBA Scripting.
• Basic or Advanced skills in R, SPARK and SPSS (Statistical Package for social Sciences) is a plus.
• Good knowledge of Big Data querying tools, such as HADOOP, Pig, Hive, and Impala is a plus.
• Ability to Write ETLs for new Enterprises, Databases, Apps, Macros using SQL SSIS.
About the Company
MBC GROUP is the largest media company in the Middle East & North Africa region that enriches people’s lives through information, interaction and entertainment. In 2002, nearly a decade after the launch of MBC1 in London, in 1991, MBC GROUP moved its headquarters to Dubai Media City, United Arab Emirates.
Today, MBC GROUP includes over 17 leading TV channels: MBC1 (general family entertainment); MBC2 & MBC MAX (24-hour western movies); MBC3 (children’s edutainment with a mix of both local productions and western acquisitions); MBC4 (entertainment for young families with a female-focus); MBC ACTION (an indigenous adrenaline-packed channel targeting young males with local and homegrown productions); MBC VARIETY (Western films and general entertainment with uninterrupted broadcasting); MBC DRAMA (24/7 Arabic drama) & MBC+ DRAMA (a joint pay-TV channel between MBC and OSN); MBC PERSIA (general family entertainment dubbed and subtitled in Farsi); WANASAH (24-hour Arabic music channel); MBC MASR & MBC MASR2 (general family entertainment geared towards the Egyptian family); MBC BOLLYWOOD (delivering the freshest in Bollywood content geared towards the region via an Arabized interface); MBC USA (on “Dish Network” in the US); MBC IRAQ (a premium channel aimed at the entire Iraqi family), MBC5 (new satellite channel dedicated to the Maghreb); all of them benefit from MBC STUDIOS which produces the region’s most compelling premium content for cinema, television and on-demand platforms. MBC GROUP also includes two FM radio stations: MBC FM (Gulf music) and Panorama FM (contemporary Arabic hit music).
Furthermore, part of MBC GROUP is Shahid and its premium subscription-based service Shahid VIP, the world’s leading Arabic streaming platform, home to highly rated original productions from the Arab world, a wide range of exclusive movies and premieres, as well as the top watched live Arab TV channels.
Business Intelligence Analyst
Application Data Analyst & Insight Specialist
|Abu Dhabi||9 Dec|
TGC Consulting Middle East