Reneco International Wildlife Consultants
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
RENECO's mission is to implement a global conservation strategy ?aiming to restore and preserve the Houbara bustard populations of North Africa (Chlamydotis undulata undulata) and Asia (Chlamydotis macqueenii).
To achieve these goals, RENECO has developed a multidisciplinary approach within different centers located in Morocco, Central Asia, and the Arabian Peninsula by? combining fundamental and applied research.
To cope with the expansion of its activities and due to the development of new conservation projects, RENECO is opening new positions giving a unique opportunity to be part of an ambitious conservation program
You will join the IT Department
Under the functional responsibility of the database team coordinator, you will be in charge mainly of supporting line-of-business applications and their users.
Your main tasks will be:
- Analysis of business needs (breeding, veterinary, ecology) and writing of functional specifications
- Propose appropriate solutions in line with the company strategy
- Optimization of Intranet business applications (data typing, management of technical term dictionaries, the definition of input
forms, configuration by back-office and under SQL Server) in close collaboration with service providers and partners.
- Maintenance and occasional development of legacy business applications, under Access
- Consolidation of data from different production centers and BI/dashboarding (Tableau)
- Interfacing line of business data with those of departments other than breeding/ecology: GIS (ESRI), ERP (Exact), BMS (WebCTRL), etc.
- Support for data curation and extraction (querying under SQL Server and Access).
- Writing support documents and activity reports.
- Training and assistance for internal users of the line-of-business applications.
- Technical follow-up of service providers.
- Missions to be planned internationally.
Education and Certifications:
- Master (or bachelor with experience) in agronomy, ecology, biology, or in the field of breeding or equivalent field; with good knowledge of T-SQL language and SQL Server or other relational database management system.
- SQL Server and T-SQL language
- Actual experience in data management/treatment (not only database administration).
- A good knowledge of Access and VBA is an asset.
- Proficient in computer use (Windows, Office, Internet, utilities…)
- A first experience in BI, ideally with Tableau, is an asset.
- Basic knowledge in Python (or other language) coding is a plus
- Basic knowledge of system and network (Active Directory, IP, DNS…) is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of GIS (Esri ArcGIS Pro, …) is a plus.
- Knowledge in descriptive statistics; basic knowledge in data mining/signal analysis are a plus.
- English required.
- Arabic, Russian, French, Kazakh, Uzbek, or Spanish is a plus.
About the Company
Reneco is a consulting company ensuring management and coordination of ecology and conservation projects based in North Africa, Middle East, and Central Asia. Engaged for more than 30 years, Reneco mainly operates in the Houbara bustards population preservation through captive breeding, frequent releases, and follow-up actions.
The corporate headquarters is based in Abu Dhabi and houses more than 50 employees working for Reneco supporting functions such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, as well as Research department. Located in United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Kazakhstan, and Uzbekistan, the breeding Centres managed by Reneco welcome annually up to 2,000 employees. Being aware that our human capital is our main strength, we aim to hire qualified employees willing to be part of a multicultural team within a stimulating environment. By joining us, you will be supported in your career development and be involved in meaningful challenges with an international impact.
Data Engineer - Data Ingestion SSIS, Azure
ETL / Power BI / Business Intelligence Business Analyst
Supply Chain, Data Analyst
|Abu Dhabi||24 Mar|
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||10 Apr|
DKV International Real Estate