Job description / Role
Discover the warm French-Polynesian welcome of our luxury 5 star beach resort situated on the East Crescent of the world famous Palm Jumeirah, offering a rejuvenating escape inspired by the rich culture of the South Pacific.
Nestled amongst lush greenery on the idyllic shores of the Arabian Gulf, Sofitel Dubai The Palm offers a tropical and relaxing sanctuary, only a short distance away from the vibrant, buzzing metropolis of Dubai.
With magnifique touches of French elegance interlaced throughout the hotel, we invite you to 'Live the French way' and indulge in excellence.
- Assure the accuracy of daily management reports by inspecting all backup for proper documentation;
- Complete daily revenue balancing and audit of hotel revenue against individual department reports a timely and accurate manner
- Verify that room and tax have been run on all occupied rooms; investigate any discrepancies.
- Check and balance all food and beverage cash registers, ensure that paperwork is complete and note all discrepancies.
- Audit banquet check to banquet event orders and verify the revenue breakdown of the banquet function, route rebates, miscellaneous charges, promotional tickets and paid outs.
- Check & verify discount and void check, Officer Check and Entertainment Check
- Complete Comp Bar Reconciliation to determine the daily cost.
- Prepare the Daily Revenue Report researching any overages/shortages
- Prepare tax postings from the Daily Revenue Report and insure that the taxes posted correspond to the revenues generated for the revenue category.
- Revenue breakdown into service charge and municipality fee
- Daily recapitulation of F&B Cover and Revenue
- Prepare audit-related reports (daily revenue report, market segment and F&B report) or documentation for Chief Income Auditor to review
- Prepare all audit-reports to be submitted to Chief Income Auditor for review before submitting to corporate and file the appropriate reports in the audit pack.
- Review and analyze adjustments
- Brief and train new F&B and Front desk cashiers.
- Prepare Daily Credit Card Reconciliation and General Cashier Summary Balance with Micros & Fidelio Systems
- Pride ensuring the accuracy of work and encourages Team Members to do the same
- Strong analytical skills
- Computer literate, with particularly strong knowledge of MS Excel
- Understanding of the responsibilities of other areas within the Finance Department
- Excellent grooming standards
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.