Job description / Role
Line of Service
Business Recovery Services
Job Description & Summary
PwC ME is a leading professional services firm and we pride ourselves on our vision, values and the ability to provide an exceptional service to a vast network of clients. We are a firm full of energy, challenge, innovation and opportunities. Our people connect their thinking, experience and solutions to enhance value for our clients. Business Restructuring Services (BRS) at PwC Middle East operates within our Advisory (Deals) practice. The BRS team is involved in delivering a range of services to Companies that are stressed or distressed, from debt restructuring/rescheduling
advice through to formal insolvency engagements. The BRS team also advises lenders
in connection with stressed/distressed borrowers.
- Assisting in multiple client development efforts, design and sell engagements, as well as manage client relations in an advisory environment
- Develop detailed project scope/deliverable design and work plans
- Pitch for and manage projects (often simultaneously) providing BRS services covering debt and corporate restructuring, Independent Business Reviews, capital structure modelling, contingency planning and options reviews.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time/budget, meet or exceed client expectations
- Conduct frequent interactions with executive clients and provide insights, recommendations and reports on issues impacting the client's business
- Lead the preparation of financial analysis underpinning financial restructuring transactions, esp financial modelling and sensitivity/scenario analysis
- Understand key business drivers, identify relevant issues impacting our clients and recommend potential solutions
- Draft and present client deliverables including reports and presentations
- Identify project engagement and delivery risks and ensure compliance with internal firm and regulatory procedures.
- Provide support and on the job coaching to junior members of project teams
In your role, who do you report to:
Senior Manager or above, depending on complexity of engagements
Qualification/ Educational requirement:
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Business, Accounting or other related major
- Should be a qualified chartered accountant (ACA/ACCA is preferred)
- You will have an outstanding academic record from a well-recognized institution
Skills and experience required:
- 5-7 years proven experience in areas such as investment, finance and accounting
- At least 3 years' experience in debt restructuring/rescheduling including
- Independent Business Reviews, short term liquidity reviews, options reviews, preparation of debt maps, preparation of capital structure models, contingency planning/estimated outcomes
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Past work experience in a deals based environment with a proven track record of being able to deliver successful outcomes in a short period of time
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) with an ability to communicate and negotiate effectively in heightened stress situations with professionals of a variety of experiences and backgrounds
- Strong business development skills with a desire to build relationships with clients and other advisors
- Ability to undertake high volume of work
- Ability to plan activities and set priorities to meet deadlines and get positive results
- Expertise in delivering high-quality project outcomes in accordance with the scope of work, quality standards and budget
- Ability to coach assistant manager levels and below to recognize strengths and provide timely feedback for professional development
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) - ability to demonstrate excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills is advantageous
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.