Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
The ME Deals Learning & Development (L&D) Lead is responsible for the design and delivery of best-in-class learning solutions, which address our business purpose for Deals.
The L&D Lead is responsible for the ultimate delivery of training solutions and his / her work covers all aspects of the ADDIE cycle.
- Recommend budget for Deals L&D function across the region
- Manage budget and reporting process in line with the Firm's strategy, global guidelines and staff internal needs
- Manage and control the L&D expenditure and cost per hour
- Identify new, cost effective delivery models
- Ensure that the L&D team deliver value for money, on-target, on-budget learning solutions
- Acts as a trusted advisor for learning-related matters
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with regional and global counterparts / stakeholders
- Support synergies within the business to ensure that our programmes support the business in its future growth and encourage cross-Line of Service working
- Liaise with People Leadership Team (PLT), HC Business Leads (HCBLs) and L&D Leads to develop business skills programmes that meet not only the current business needs, but also predict future needs so that we can better support the growth of our business
- Liaise with PLT, HCBLs and L&D Leads to identify areas for future development initiatives
- Manage and implement the ME learning strategy in line with the Firm's strategy, global guidelines and regional focus
- Plans, selects and leads to implementation of global learning programs to address employees' skill-development needs
- Explore, assess and build strong relationships with top tier training external vendors and certified coaches in line with internal needs
- Engage in high impact L&D projects with global interaction
- Manage the assessment needs analysis and leverage outcome to map relevant courses accordingly
- Report relevant KPIs to measure course effectiveness pre- and post-participation, measuring staff accomplishment and performance
- Review evaluations of training courses, objectives, and accomplishments
- Manage and implement innovative ways while developing the learning activities, whether through facilitation, audio-visual materials, instructor guides, or the venues
- Identify and incorporate best practices and lessons learned into program plans
Learning & Growth
- Work on specific projects related to HR initiatives as assigned
- Responsible for the continuing professional development of self and junior team members
- Develop members on the team from a technical standpoint
- Support internal knowledge management best practices, creating communities of practice both within own team and across wider function
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
- Establish a healthy work environment for employees on the team
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Psychology or Business Management
- Professional Certification in Human Resources is preferred
- Fluency in spoken and written English, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
- 10+ years of experience of which 7+ years of relevant experience
- Significant experience in an international professional services environment, including L&D function, is preferred
- Previous HR generalist experience is a plus
- Deep understanding of the L&D processes, reporting and analysis
Knowledge & Skills
- Solid presentation skills
- Strong customer service orientation with ability to use patience and diplomacy to handle issues
- Ability to quickly understand key business challenges and strategic objectives and align Learning & Development strategy accordingly
- Ability to gather and analyse complex business requirements and advise on creative optimal solutions from a learning perspective
- Excellent interpersonal skills and approachability
- Strong conflict resolution/management skills
- Knowledge of learning styles and techniques
- Knowledge of HR best practices and processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent team building and relationship building capabilities
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.