Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
PwC Global Overview
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We're a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 223,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
PwC is the largest professional services firm in the Middle East with over 4,200 employees offering unparalleled range of expert capabilities from Strategy through to Deals, Consulting, Tax and Assurance Services. PwC operates across 12 countries in the region and serves both public and private sector clients. Within PwC, our Deals line of service helps organizations execute successful deals and create value through strategy definition and due diligence for domestic and cross-border M&A, divestitures and spin-offs, capital markets transactions like IPOs and debt offerings, and bankruptcies and other business reorganizations.
Deals Strategy & Operations Overview
Deals Strategy & Operations (DS&O) provides strategic and operational advice across the deal continuum from setting the deal strategy to post-deal execution. Examples of services we undertake include advising funds on developing the right strategy, identifying issues and points of negotiation and value, executing the deal seamlessly, and implementing changes to deliver synergies and improvements post integration. Our team includes a diverse mix of profiles with people with relevant strategy, investment, and operations experience combined with deep industry expertise. Our clients include regional and international corporates, leading private equity houses, family offices, major banks and investment funds, and government entities.
The Delivering Deal Value (DDV) team is part of the DS&O business unit. Our fast growing practice is looking to double the team in the next 12 to 18 months. It focuses on providing support for potential, actual transactions and assists clients in all operational integration aspects of the transaction, pre and post completion.
As a Senior Manager within the DDV team with a focus on HR, your responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for understanding the target's business operations and HR related risks (e.g. compensations, benefits, employment transfer, organization structure and design, HR processes, management reviews and systems)
- Managing HR diligence teams to ensure the quality of services and continuous development
- Coordinating the post deal team managing HR aspects of the transition (integration/carve out) including developing compensation and benefits plans, assessing systems requirements, managing change and communication, developing the operating model and organization structure, developing HR policies and processes and job descriptions
- Leading the successful delivery of projects, which may include multiple projects at a time, while leading a team of consultants
- Framing and understanding key client issues, client processes and mandate, and defining realistic expectations for the client and team
- Be the main point of contact for our clients to build relationships and with the project manager for day-to- day activities
- Project budgeting and finance management
- Structuring and ensuring the development of written reports encompassing the relevant analysis, findings and recommendations
- Managing client expectations and ensuring that the scope of work is completed to PwC's standards of excellence
- Building long lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to identify value add opportunities for existing and potential clients
- Contributing to the wider business unit through business development initiatives, knowledge sharing, recruitment, mentoring, training, and other activities
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in a strategy consulting firm, private equity, investment fund, or other environments where similar skills have been developed
- Proven specific experience across all key areas of the HR/people workstream in a deal, with a focus on in- deal and post-deal activities both the 'soft' (culture change, change management, communications and talent management) as well as the 'hard' and more technical aspects of a deal (organization design, people transition and industrial relations)
- Previous experience with the HR Directors and senior HR stakeholders in shaping the HR / People activities across an integration or separation program
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships at all levels, establishing credibility both, internally with senior management, and externally with our clients
- Commercial exposure in negotiation and consultation directly with clients and evidence of leading on successful business development opportunities
- Strong time management and organizing skills; having the ability to prioritise workload across team members while being resilient and able to cope well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Technical skills including but not limited to: financial analysis, business performance analysis, report structuring and delivery
- Experience including but not limited to: operational due diligence, post-merger integration, carve-out, operational turnaround
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Language Skills: Fluent in English. Multilingual/Arabic is a plus.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East where the project dictates
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree from a top-tier university with high scores (top 10% in class and/or above 3.6/4 CGPA):
- MBA from top business school is preferred, though not essential
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.