Deputy Head of Procurement
Emiral Resources Limited
Job description / Role
Alliance for Mining (AFM), a subsidiary of Emiral Resources and the leading industrial gold producer in Sudan, is hiring a Deputy Head of Procurement to join the team.
Position: Deputy Head of Procurement
• Khartoum, Sudan
• Coordination of AFM's Procurement department in Khartoum, Sudan;
• Supervising procurement operations, interaction with local suppliers, claims management;
• Continuous monitoring of Procurement plan in accordance with the approved budget;
• Developing measures to improve the efficiency of the supply chain and delivering cost savings;
• Implementation of strategies to reduce supply chain risks;
• Expert support of the procurement function;
• Execution timeline control and logistics coordination;
• Coordination of warehouse operations at the Production Site;
• Ensuring efficient inventory turnover;
• Inventory audit control, mitigation of Inconsistencies;
• Interaction with government agencies on procurement, customs exemptions and other permits to ensure supply chain continuity;
• Interviewing and recruitment process in procurement department;
• Assessment, training and development of local staff;
• Control of the workflow and procurement related documents;
• Interaction with other departments of the company, including financial, legal and administrative departments. Preparing reports for company management.
• Higher education;
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a managerial position in procurement.
• Knowledge of procurement terminology and workflow;
• Ability to analyze and prioritize information and make informed decisions in non-standard situations;
• Experience working abroad is desirable. Experience working in Africa is a plus;
• Proficiency in English and Russian is required. Arabic language proficiency is desirable;
• Purposefulness, self-organization, initiative, attention to detail, resistance to stress are required.
Terms of employment will be discussed separately with each candidate.
About the Company
Emiral is an independent international mining company that offers proven expertise in the mining value chain from mineral exploration, production, operation, advisory, and also engineering for mining, oil and gas industries.
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in Dubai, UAE, Emiral prides itself in developing high potential international mining, oil & gas projects. Although, a young company, we have grown quickly to become the successful international mining company we are today and well positioned in the precious metals industry with a low-cost production profile, rich resource base, healthy growth pipeline and strong cash position.