Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East and North Africa hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
Deputy Programme Director - Major Infrastructure Project
The deputy programme director will be responsible for supporting the leadership and management of the programme management consultancy (PgMC) team. Reporting to the programme director, regional director and a key client interface.
Your responsibilities will include
• Managing the technical, financial and strategic delivery of the programme and client relationship.
• Providing motivation and direction to the programme team through direct relationships with the functional managers and multiple programme managers.
• Ensuring and controlling of the appropriate and accurate financial management for all projects.
• Complying with all protocols, policies and procedures in relation to all staff related matters.
• Maintaining procedures across the programme to enable continuous learning and transfer of knowledge.
• Reviewing and managing overall performance of the programme in support of the programme and regional director.
• Ensuring adequate and appropriate resources for the programme.
• Guiding, inspiring, motivating and encouraging a high performing team environment.
• Ensuring effective communication through the programme and through good stakeholder management.
• Providing leadership to balance value, quality, time and cost drives in order to optimise the programme.
Health and safety objectives
• Ensuring that appropriate health and safety compliance matters are in place at all times.
• Assisting in developing workplace safety procedures.
• Promoting workplace safety standards and procedures.
• Reporting any unsafe acts, conditions or accidents, immediately.
• Participating in workplace safety inspections.
• Assisting the health and safety team in achieving high standards of workplace safety.
• Assist the health and safety team in carrying out safety audits.
• Promoting and influencing a positive safety culture.
• Reviewing and endorsing safety procedures and standards.
• Proactively participating in senior management safety tours.
• Providing strategic leadership of all programme health, safety and environment initiatives.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include
• Minimum of 20 years professional experience required for client approval.
• Minimum of 8 years Middle East experience required for client approval.
• Extensive programme management experience.
• Proven success in delivering major infrastructure projects.
• Current leadership role or recent proven leadership ability.
• Business and financial management.
• People and resource management.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Strong client relationship management.
• Knowledge of programme control principles.
• A degree qualification is essential for client approval.
• A member of a relevant professional body.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.