Job description / Role
Client is a reputable Architectural & Engineering Consultancy and they are currently seeking a Design Manager to join their expanding Architecture division in Dubai.
- Represent the firm in communications with the client on a regular basis and provide leadership and management of the design delivery and review process.
- Ensure that the design process is implemented in accordance with the contract conditions.
- Delegate design review tasks and overview the outputs by the architectural review team assigned to the specific project.
- Manage the input of specialist design review team personnel and ensure their inputs are integrated with other team members.
- Ensure that co-ordination with other design discipline review teams is carried out.
- Interface with the client to convey progress of design reviews and obtain further design briefing clarification.
- Interface with the client to manage their approvals of design packages in keeping with agreed project milestones and design programmes.
- Report regularly on the design consultants performance and highlight any areas of concern along with recommendations for corrective action.
- Report on the design consultants fulfillment of their design scope agreements and liabilities.
- Identify the Long lead time material/design package submissions and obtain client approvals to avoid any delays to the works.
- Attend and/or Chair design review meetings/workshops with design consultants as required to ensure that their performance is in line with agreed design programmes and design briefing documents.
- Report regularly on any aspect of design which may present a risk to the progressive contract programme completion.
- Minimum of 15 years' experience of architectural design experience
- At least 7 years of UAE project experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture
- Professional registration
- Have experience in managing large mixed use projects independently with a team of Architects
- Need good leadership an communication skills
About the Company
Ignite is a specialist Construction and Property Recruitment Consultancy. We are experts in the Middle East and Asia markets which we service from our offices in the UAE and UK.
Our consultants operate in a niche market making them experts in their sector. This allows us to offer our clients and candidates expert market knowledge whilst building long term relationships.
We pride ourselves on recruiting Construction and Property staff of all levels and disciplines. We offer the same high quality service whether you are recruiting or seeking work from Engineer through to Company Director level.