Job description / Role
The Design Manager is in charge of the design programs for ADP Ingenierie projects. Affirms necessary decisions, orders and directions approved by the Line Manager by developing the necessary design studies, following up architectural modification, and coordinating when necessary with the consultants, contractors and the concerned Authority departments in all matters.
He / She should have flexibility to evolve in different geographical environments and has the capability to adapt to the local context during its missions abroad.
Architectural and Technical Design
- Overseeing and coordinating architectural and technical design studies related to bids and/or signed projects
- Participates into SOW definition and staff deployment assessment during bid preparation
- Evaluate the Quality and the Project/Clients expectations in terms of architecture and design coordination
- Ensures that cost information is provided concerning each aspect of the design and disciplines
- Monitors each design stages in regards to the project milestones
- Supervises the design progress to meet the client expectations
Compliance of Project Design (Final Design)
- Ensures the compliance of each change in the Project's Design with the final design, and advising the Head of Practice Building for each change.
- For any discipline deliverable, the Design Manager ensures that the proper controls, i.e. QA/QC and content compliance vs contract obligations, are properly conducted prior to submission. He/she reviews the Design Drawings, Reports and Specifications prior the issuance to the Client and/or the contractor
- Assists and advises engineering reviews
- Provides evaluation and recommendation concerning the sub-consultancy services
- Administers the review (s) and supervises technical comments related to the submission of the consultants
- Provides design clarification, amplification and comments during the construction phase concerning the work of contractors
- Assists the Project Manager and/or Resident Engineer on his/her request to resolve design and architectural issues on site.
- Inform the Project Manager any situation that could prevent achieving the project objectives (change in scope of work, miscommunication, coordination issues, resources deficiencies, technical challenges, etcâ€¦)
- Leads the Design group team (ADP architects and engineers), selects the staff and manages the appraisal of their performance with the Head of Practice Building and the HR Manager based on the related Company Modus Operandi
- Master Degree in Architectural from an international recognised University
- Minimum 10-15 years experience in Architectural Discipline; Minimum 5-7 years in the management level role
- Excellent knowledge of Design Project Management
- Well verse in AutoCAD, 3D, MS office Application and other Software such as but not limited to Revit Modelling and Naviswork softwares
- Knowledgeable of the local authority standards, regulations and requirements
- Ability to manage client meetings and understand client's demand /expectations.
- Excellent communication skills in English language
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload
- Ability to handle and protect confidential information
- Flexibility & Innovation
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
About the Company
ADP Ingenierie, a wholly-owned Groupe ADP subsidiary, is a French engineering company that carries out architectural and engineering activities worldwide dealing with design of new airports or existing airports development.
Its teams of experts can accompany a project from the initial design to operational stages and group together multiple skills, from engineering to architecture, studies and the supervision of works.
With 400 employees of 46 nationalities working in 19 different countries, ADP Ingenierie is presently carrying out over 130 projects concurrently worldwide.