Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a MEP Design Manager with a proven track record of managing MEP design projects with the Building Services Engineering space.
Your new role, what's involved?
* I am self-motivated, target driven, and have the ambition to succeed.
* I have both Design and Construction related experience within international Tier 1 consultancy practices and utilise my existing knowledge to get the best results for our clients on our projects.
* I have experience working with MEP and other disciplines such as Structure as well as managing sub-consultancies. Projects
* I am accountable for the overall success of projects. This includes managing timeliness, contract negotiation, project management, quality, project financial performance, risk management, communication to the business, and scope management of the projects.
* I lead the project team to ensure that deliverables are submitted on schedule and meet client expectations.
* I develop and deliver a project program including all the details of a project to the team members.
* I manage and coordinate project team's direction and scope from analysis through implementation.
* I ensure the project progress is evaluated on a regular basis
* I manage project profitability and financial contribution for allocated projects.
* I assist with design change reviews and ensuring design change is managed in accordance with approved processes and procedures
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* I have an Engineering, Construction or Architectural Degree I have 10+ years post-qualification experience.
* I have experience of leading, motivating, and driving project design teams of 30+ engineers/designers of all grades.
* I have project management and project leadership skills.
* I have the experience in coordinating medium to large multi-discipline projects and associated numerous sub-consultants.?
* I have the experience of working with demanding Clients
* I can converse in technical matters across all disciplines associated with multi-discipline building projects
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.