Job description / Role
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Purpose and Objectives
Expectations and Tasks
SAP Globalization Services enables customer and SAP to expand their business worldwide and create value chains for sustainable growth, thus making every customer best-run business everywhere. Globalization Services owns, secures and enhances Globalization of SAP solutions across the entire solution portfolio, covering technical prerequisites and translation, global business practices and local requirements.
Currently, Globalization Services has multinational teams in several hubs around the world that are dedicated to the localization and delivery of country versions in all SAP product areas.
The Product Unit HCM (PU HCM) works on localization of the Human Capital Management (HCM) including Support, Legal change and development of New Solutions. We develop and maintain HCM software with worldwide teams located in Rot, Sao Leopoldo, Bangalore, Shanghai, Moscow, Brno, Budapest and Dubai. We are looking for a Developer to support the team in Dubai in developing and maintain our new cloud product SuccessFactors Visa and Permits Management solution.
As a developer, you work in an international team. Your main tasks will be
- Collaborate with product management and development team members to identify and implement customer's needs.
- Analysis of business requirements that can be translated to executable code.
- Design, implement and test based on SAP's programming model
- Maintenance and corrections in order to keep our solution up to date in accordance with customer feedback
- Deliver high quality specifications, design, code and all the relevant documents in development.
- Be a part of an Agile (SCRUM) development team
- Be able to work in Dev-Ops model for out latest cloud development related tasks.
- Working on challenging development projects in an international global environment.
- Join a mentally young, agile and ambitious team.
- Get to know and be part of latest innovations at SAP.
- World class learning opportunities.
- Close contact with the customers in MENA region
Education and qualifications/ skills and competencies
- Degree in Engineering / Master Degree (MS, Ph.D) in computer or equivalent subject
- Excellent analytical and architectural skills
- Effectiveness in problem-solving, results-orientation
- High quality commitment and self-motivating working style
- Ability to quickly acquire thorough understanding in new areas, especially in new cloud technologies
- Constructive and open style of communication
- Team spirit and ability to work with virtual and local teams
- Strong customer-oriented attitude
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and appealing manner
- Good written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Knowing Arabic will be an added advantage.
- Experience in working on a cloud product especially in a dev-ops model of development. Having skills in core Java, Fiori/UI5 is preferred.
- Experience in SAP ERP Human Capital Management - HR Payroll related developments will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge on TestNg, JUNITS or equivalent tools are preferred.
- Proven track record of successful project/product performance regarding customer satisfaction, quality deliverables and in time delivery
- Scrum / Agile development experiences
What we offer
Contract Type: Regular Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
What You Get From Us
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
Sap's Diversity Commitment
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company. SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.