Job description / Role
The Client is a top Property Developer based in Dubai one of the prime real estate companies in Dubai, endeavored to craft beautiful environments for exceptionally high-quality lifestyles. Inspired by art and reflective of their owners’ aspirations.
Job Role: Development Manager
- Ensure timely and accurate design work by coordinating, monitoring, reviewing and managing design consultants work in conjunction with the allocated development Team.
- Liaise with Execution team, commercial department, sales admin and marketing department to ensure complete satisfaction on design related aspects of the project, including high levels of design efficiency and cost management awareness.
- Manage external design, architectural and project management consultant teams
- Middle East development project experience with a working knowledge of MENA region tourism body rules and regulations
- Track record of success in all aspects of property development process from concept through to tendering, design, construction, leasing and operation phase
- Design and interface between the front of house and back of house operations that maximize the use of available space and flow.
- Experience of securing and working with major international hotel operators Such as Fendi, Paramount & DAMAC Maison.
- successful delivery of four to five star Hotel and Serviced Apartment development projects.
- working closely with other department ( Sales, commercial, budgeting, planning, marketing) to prepare the design brief and coordinate with consultants and contractor to achieve project goals.
- Prepare the technical part of business model and work with business planning Dept. to set up the project budgeting.
- Continuously managing all parties involved, Stakeholders / Authorities /
- Consultants / Contractors/ Designers, and ensure proper coordination is established.
- Preparing project Schedules.
- Conducting extensive reviews on Architectural, Structural, MEP & ID drawings, and designs in all stages, Pre-concept, Concept, Schematic, Detailed Design & Tender.
- Construction progress analysis and reporting.
- Effective and timely response to RFI’s on Tenders and from the site.
- Risk assessment.
- Developing & Reviewing Marketing Materials up to very high standards,
- (Architectural Renderings, Unit Plans, Walkthroughs, Physical Models)
- Research and having a strong understanding of the market needs & requirements and applying it to the projects.
- Conducting cost analysis.
- Effective Value Engineering.
AED 20,000 to 35,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: All other benefits inclusive
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in all matters related to the role. They will be a competent manager able to provide guidance that enhances performance in a manner which incorporates the company’s vision and culture.
The goal will be to ensure the profitability of the company’s activities to drive sustainable development and long-term success:
- Assist the line manager in the development of the Project Briefs for obtaining all internal approval from managing board
- In coordination with the line manager in the Development of the project Professional Service procurement strategy in discussion with the execution team to ensure that all services required are covered,
- Support the execution team on any technical input or studies required
- Prepare the RFPs for Design Consultants and specialist consultants for each project
- Establish design work delivery with the Design Consultants and monitor design programmers.
- Develop and finalize the Project Design Management Plan (PDMP)
- Actively participate in Design Consultant(s) selection and contracting.
- Monitor work of allocated Development Department Team members and the Design Consultants to ensure design correctness and completeness as well as scope compliance.
- Maintain record of Design Consultant(s) submittals and control in a timely manner the submittals/correspondence received.
- Evaluate and endorse the variation orders/change requests submitted by the Design Consultant(s) for the Project Manager's approval.
- Manage the review and comment on all drawings and documents submitted by Design Consultant(s) and ensure the incorporation of all revisions on all documents.
- Manage the preparation, submission and obtaining of all required planning and authority approvals.
- Coordinate with the development Team for technical support required to ensure the correctness and completeness of design aspects.
- Review and report to the line manager all monthly reports submitted by Design Consultant including weekly Areas of Concern reporting and recommended plans of actions.
- Facilitate meetings with Design Consultant(s), Subconsultants and the Project Manager to review design documents and take decisions as required, including technical reviews and follow-up of design activities as necessary.
- Ensure that a detailed and methodical value engineering and constructability process is adopted throughout the project design process. Propose alternative materials/systems to improve the design operation and construction cost through the project life cycle.
- Coordinate and support the QS - Estimation Department on the development of project cost estimate at each design stage for attaining the managing board approvals,
- Review consultant / contractor work progress for contract payments
- Ensure that the design team is providing all the required support to other departments mainly,
- Sales admin, including unit detail plans, data etc.
- Marketing department, colored plans, external perspectives, interiors, review of marketing materials
- Commercial departments, design and tender packages
- Coordinate design, facility and operational requirements impacting design with operators.
- Projects, approval of mockups, material selections and approvals, response to RFIs etc…
- Support and provide technical assistance and design coordination to the execution team as it relates to construction activities.
About the Company
Lead by professionals with a collective experience of over 3 decades in the recruitment segment, within various business verticals. Our company has evolved through technological advances, healthy challenges and smart clients that have all nurtured us to be a pivotal bridge that connects prospective clients with apt talent.
- Providing exquisite recruitment solutions that exceed employers' expectations.
- Covering services at all levels ranging from rank & file to top management.
- We possess an impeccable volume of competent professionals in our database.
- Proactive Consultants in each industry gives us an advantage of an in-depth search for apt candidates.
- Enhance your screening experience via video conferencing, one-on-one physical interviews and tele-interviews.
- Unprecedented & tested Associates across major regions gives us an advantage while hiring in volume.