Job description / Role
As a DevOps Engineer in our team, you will be responsible for working collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems. You will help automate and streamline our operations and processes; building and maintaining tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
Who you are
• You are responsible for growing and developing an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact
• You maintain scalable and robust CI/CD framework.
• You are proactive, ensuring issues are tracked appropriately in the ticket management system.
• You are a Team-Player, working with engineers and QA to ensure that issues are resolved, and fixes deployed, in a timely fashion.
• You are detailed, maintaining suitable deployment-specific support documentation.
• You have knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
• You transform ambiguity into clarity.
• You enjoy collaborating in a multicultural and diverse environment that expands to include various geographic locations.
• You have stellar communication skills, effectively expressing yourself. You convey and receive information in a clear, credible, and consistent manner.
What you'll need
• 4+years’ experience in DevOps
• Experience in developing Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery pipelines (CI/ CD).
• Experience in building health and performance monitoring systems.
• Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration.
• Knowledge of one cloud platform such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
• Solid hands-on knowledge of Configuration Management and Deployment tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Terraform etc.
• Solid hands-on knowledge of Dockers and Container Orchestration tools such Kubernetes or Dockerswarm.
• Proficient in scripting, and Git and Git workflows.
• Strong experience with SQL and MySQL.
• A working understanding of code and script (Java, Python).
Bonus if you have
• Knowledge of Hadoop, Cloudera, Hortinworks or MapR.
• Working knowledge of OAuth 2.0, OpenID/OpenID-Connect, SAML 2.0, Kerberos, LDAP.
About the Company
Group 42 is an Abu Dhabi based artificial intelligence (AI) and cloud computing company, uniquely positioned in the national ecosystem to develop and deploy holistic and scalable AI solutions.
• Industry Solutions: experienced team of data scientists and engineers based in Abu Dhabi. • Fundamental AI research, through our subsidiary the Inception Institute of Artificial Intelligence (IIAI), on AI, big data and machine learning. • Cloud Computing Infrastructure: the largest and most powerful Cloud Computing capability in the region. • Multidisciplinary and diverse team.
G42 has an active and extensive partnership network, connecting leading international organizations who complement our ecosystem and support our vision. Our partnerships range from strategic teaming agreement, joint ventures, to direct investment by G42.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Quest Search & Selection
IT Engineer - Windows
|Abu Dhabi||2 Jun|
Cloud Infrastructure Architect