Job description / Role
The role is of a DevOps Engineer for a leading tech platform in the UAE. The candidate must be a responsible individual who shares knowledge and is accustomed to working in a fast paced agile environment.
You would be responsible for the design, build, and delivery of cloud and automation technology solutions that is meant for web applications of all sizes. As well as ensuring successful delivery of cloud solutions across a wide variety of projects. Some of the tech you would get to use includes AWS, Git, Cloud solutions, Puppet, Automation technology, MySQL, Bash, Python, Azure and Linux.
• Able to use some open-source technologies and cloud services
• Have commercial experience working with Azure, AWS, and its related services
• Assists in managing platform systems to ensure reliability and security through the support and maintenance of existing systems; develops, selects, and implements systems enhancements
• Enable product teams through implementation of deployment pipelines and deployment strategy from dev to production in a cloud-based environment, on premise and hybrid.
• Write professional, clear and comprehensive documentation (as code)
• Keep implementation aligned with the agreed roadmap
• Engage with stakeholders to provide timely end-to-end delivery of technology solutions
• Uses working knowledge of automation design and infrastructure to determine what to automate
• Implement containerization strategies when appropriate using Docker and Kubernetes
• Handling the CI/CD and orchestration pipeline, the Release management and versioning strategy
• Demonstrates knowledge of company procedures and standards to analyze impact on existing IT systems and platforms
Qualification Experience and Skills
• Have of experience in Networking and Troubleshooting
• Got a good knowledge working in Linux environments (OS, file system, processes, user/kernel space, bash)
• Are familiar with CI/CD concepts and tools
• Cloud specific tools: provisioning, Docker containers, Kubernetes, networking and security
• Know container-based deployments with Kubernetes and Docker
• Have hands-on experience working with relational & non-relational databases
• Understand network concepts and protocols and can advise on problems
• Automation and scripting (Python and bash / shell)
• Solid AWS knowledge (design and deployment in the cloud for resilience and high performance)
• Possess working knowledge of Ruby or Python and known DevOps tools
• Possess working knowledge of databases i.e. SQL (Postgres and MySQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB)
About the Company
Since 2010, our team has successfully placed some of the world’s finest graduate to mid and C-level talent in organisations across EMEA and APAC, and it all comes down to our niche approach and understanding of the market place, skill sets and trends.
From our offices in Dubai, Riyadh, London and Singapore, we run a sector specific operation. Meaning we specialise in your industry and are able to completely understand your vision, provide market insights and intelligence, and deliver the best talent to fit seamlessly into your operations.