Job description / Role
Diagnostic Technician | Al Futtaim Automotive | Toyota & Lexus
Job Requisition ID: 153746
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group's entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
We are looking to recruit an experienced Diagnostic Technicians to join our Toyota and Lexus Team in Dubai and Sharjah. As a Diagnostic Technician, you will identify problems with vehicles using the diagnostic equipment & Special Service Tools. You will perform maintenance and repair on customer vehicles which involve diagnosis. Ensure the Fix it Right process is adhered, to eliminate Repeat Repair
What you will do
- Perform routine maintenance and general mechanic repair work on vehicles
- Manual skill & ability for performing technical and mechanical jobs.
- Assist Technical Advisor in capturing data while creating the Repair Support Request and Branch Field Technical Reports submitted to the Aftersales Distributor Team for any escalations.
- Willingness to learn with hands-on training.
Required skills to be successful
- 2 to 3 years' experience as a Diagnostic Technician coming from a big automotive dealership doing diagnosis and general mechanic repairs
- Ability to use the diagnostic equipments & Special Service Tools to inspect Engine, Transmission, Brake, suspension A/C electrical and hybrid system of the vehicles
- Ability to do basic diagnosis, unit repair, AC parts replacement and mechanical repairs.
- Conversant in English
About the team
The role will report to the Workshop Manager and you will be working in a busy workshop environment wherein you will be dealing directly with Service Advisor, Controller, Foreman & co-Technicians in a daily basis.
What equips you for the role
- Diploma Technical certification, ITI (Industrial Training Institute NCVT Certificate) or ITC
- 2 to 3 years' experience as Diagnostic Technician
- Added value in having valid UAE driving license
- Must read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records in job orders
- Understands and works within protocol where necessary, and understands and performs to the requirements of AFM Toyota After sales
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world's most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers - right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.