Job description / Role
Work Area: Administration
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Limited Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
SAP's Digital Government function works closely with regional leadership to identify key business development and reputation opportunities that will create value for SAP, in alignment with national economic development agendas.
Digital Government focuses on three pillars: Business Support, Public Policy and Reputation & Thought Leadership. This particular internship would encompass all three pillars. The intern will work directly with the Director of Digital Government for ME North to help support and execute the Digital Government mission.
Digital Government supports SAP lines of business by driving the political digital transformation agenda within the global public sector; improving the perception and reputation among relevant government stakeholders; and influencing potentially harmful/supportive public policy frameworks.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Maintain and update stakeholder mapping template that will be a live document and serve as the basis of the program
- Using both primary and secondary research skills, map the top government decision-makers and local influencers
- Build relationships with gatekeepers to ensure access to key stakeholders in the more challenging markets
- Propose specific opportunities for the internal stakeholders to engage with stakeholders, e.g. 1-1 meetings, events, social media
- Researches policy issues, writes and edits communication publications and other media.
- Support with creation of materials such as meeting request letters, briefing documents, country fact sheets, thank you notes, etc.
- Managing the workflow and monitor items including processing invoices, contracts, supply orders, purchase requests and expense reports.
- Participate as part cross-functional teams including Communications, Marketing, CSR, Sales and others.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Student or recent university graduate
- Preferred field(s) of study: Political Science, Communications
- Computer skills: Very good knowledge in MS office
- Language skills: Native Arabic speaker and highly proficient in English
- Soft skills: Interest in international relations, politics, economics, ability to interact with senior executives, superior research and organization skills
- Previous experience in multinational / corporate environment
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.
HR Intern - Diversity and Inclusion
Nestle Middle East
Internship - Recruitment Assistant
Quest Search & Selection
Data Analyst - Intern
Internship - Social Media Content Producer
Quest Search & Selection
TGC Middle East