Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 6o years
A s we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
We are currently looking for our next Digital Graduate to join our learning and development team. You will be responsible for supporting and enhancing our Learning Experience Platform to deliver the best learning experience to our valued employees! In this position, you can expect to gain skills and experience working as a valued member of the team. You will be empowered to innovate, develop and learn in a fun and supportive environment! We are looking for an ambitious graduate with a keen interest in the digital world and learning!
What you will be doing:
- You will be exposed to the LXP back end and partner with 3rd party vendors in continuous enhancements of the platform
- You will support in the administration of the Moodle site
- You will build and administer Learning Activities and Resources using Moodle or third-party applications such as Articulate Studio, HP5 and Storyline
- You will help develop online learning content for the various programmes
- You will develop and implement CSS changes to key features of Moodle, such as the Theme, Activities, Quizzes
- You will support in uploading and embedding of multimedia content
What we are looking for:
- A fast learner who can acquire MOODLE development from the available content within Moodle open Community
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Experience with working with Site and APP development
- MOODLE knowledge advantageous
- You take initiative, listen, learn and challenge the status quo
- You think like an entrepreneur and are motivated to create your own success
- You like to have fun and you will bring positivity and a smile to your work and the team!
Our Recruitment Process
Following your successful application, you will be required to complete a video interview. This is a fun way we can find out a little bit more about you and your experiences!
If successful you will then be required to complete a 15-minute virtual Elevator Pitch and have a final interview with our Head of Learning and Development.
Shortlisted Graduates will be given 1 month to learn, support and enhance our Learning Experience Platform (with a guaranteed financial reward). The final confirmed graduate will receive a 6-month paid internship, with the potential opportunity of a permanent role.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.