Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Digital Solutions Architect to join a leading retail group in the middle east, working as part of the IT Services team. The candidate will work with our Solution Architects in the team to support the transformation programme, and other key projects within the group.
The Digital Solution Architect is responsible for the solution design and architecture of project streams. This will include product evaluation, technology impact assessment, project blueprint and HLD, functional design oversight and application of standards to projects / applications. The ideal candidate will work independently with minimal supervision, closely collaborating with other solution architects, business analysts and project managers in the IT team.
This role will interact with delivery teams to validate and construct solutions designs across the enterprise systems and will also participate in delivery projects to perform compliance checks and ensure product quality and alignment with IT processes. The Solution Architect will also proactively incorporate the Design Authority board to ensure solution proposals are compliant with the Group's overall Enterprise Architecture principles.
The candidate must have strong communication skills and be organized in his approach to daily tasks. He should have previous experience in software and hardware implementation projects and a proven track record in documenting functional and technical designs following industry best practices and tools.
What you'll be doing:
- To undertake high level technical architecture & design activities on projects of work, working alongside our development partners.
- Ensure appropriate and timely escalation of key architecture & design decision conflicts.
- Evaluate 3rd party solutions, performing detailed technical assessments and advising business on integration and technical fit into existing architecture landscape.
- Collaborate with and, where required, instruct 3rd party development partners and resource on low level technical design and delivery of an IT solution.
- Partners with business and technology subject-matter experts to elicit and translate business requirements into technology solutions & strategic direction.
- Ensure solution design complies with the long-term strategic roadmap for all IT systems architecture.
- Partners with other solution architects to provide a consensus based scalable and adaptable architectural solution including peer review of solution architecture deliverables.
- Presents and evaluates high level project architecture & artefacts at a technology governance forum to ensure architectural and strategic fit.
- Run design authority sessions, in collaboration with other solution architects, evaluating proposed designs against established standards and architecture framework
- Identifies opportunities for innovation & supports the development of the Business Technology Strategy.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Undergraduate degree in the following disciplines Computing, Engineering or Mathematics
- A minimum of 6 years' experience is required working in technology related environments as a Business Analyst, Technical Architect, Solution Architect, Functional Consultant, Developer or equivalent role.
- Experience designing, integrating, and managing complex solutions (multi-platform, multi-technology, 3rd parties).
- The candidate should possess a strong background in different technologies focusing on consumer and business applications, and should know and understand a variety of different technologies, frameworks and coding languages. Ideally the candidate should have a technology related academic background.
- It is also crucial to have experience in the application of technology to business processes and to have a good understanding of Retail as an industry.
- Experience of Agile and Waterfall software development lifecycles.
- Previous experience software development / coding during their career.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus among diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in at least one area of digital technology, such as digital content management, digital marketing, digital commerce or mobile applications.
- Has experience implementing cloud solutions - IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Experience working on integration technologies and a good understanding of API design patterns and frameworks, micro services, API gateways, API security etc.
- Possess an exceptionally strong technical and functional experience in Ecommerce, CRM ,mobile and Omnichannel solutions
- Hands on technical experience in Ideally AWS or a related cloud
- Modern Application development and containerization/CI-CD
- Experience in Magento or Demandware/Salesforce Commerce or equivalent is essential
- Possess a strong technical and functional experience in Retail and Enterprise applications, such as Oracle Retail, Oracle EBS, SAP Retail, warehouse management, order management, etc.
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following database technologies: Oracle, MYSQL, SQL Server etc.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.