Job description / Role
- The Multimedia Graphic Designer supports the United Arab Emirates University's Center for excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) in all aspects of production and post-production of online & offline course materials.
- The main focus of this position is the creation of video graphics used in UAEU's online courses.
- This position also develops graphic elements and branding materials for the courses, as well as CETL's communications assets.
- The Multimedia Graphic Designer will also assist with video editing and filming. In addition, this position will manage the post-processing video tasks for the assigned online courses, including creating and maintaining all asset management documents and systems, coordinating with faculty or the course managers on revisions and approvals, and performing all other tasks associated with the building and release of course material
- Design and develop graphics and branding materials used in online courses as well as CETL's communications materials.
- Re-design and revise faculty-provided course materials.
- Integrate graphical representations of teaching concepts into audio and video assets for online courses.
- Produce artworks and provide creative feedback for CETL's communication efforts in collaboration with the different university's units.
Video Production and Post-Production
- Support CETL team in all aspects of production and post-production.
- Create substantive edits of video footage under the direction of CETL's Director.
- Execute basic post-production effects and finalizing tasks to CETL's video assets.
- Creating 'rough-cut' of the course video immediately after the recording.
- Working creatively to produce original and aesthetic 2D & 3D animations.
- Maintain course spreadsheets, upload course assets to edX Studio, and edit transcripts as necessary
- Maintain regular contact with course faculty and managers on approval status for video assets and iterative feedback
- Bachelor's degree in animation, graphic design, film production, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in graphic design & video production with distinctive storytelling ability.
- Proficiency and strong hands-on experience with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite & 3Ds Max or Maya.
- Hand-on experience with 3d modeling and 3d animation will be an added advantage.
- Ability to do animations in after effects will be a major plus.
- Videography and photography skills are a must.
- Ability to translate written text into 2d and 3d graphic representations.
- Ability to work cooperatively with the CETL's creative team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with different deadlines and priority levels.
- Fluency in English language.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.