Job description / Role
• An innovative Operations leader with superior analytical and planning abilities and preferred experience in Supply Chain / Operations.
• Must have knowledge of the local logistics and experience working with freight forwarders and customs.
• Must also understand the documentation requirement for various categories while importing into UAE/KSA/EGY.
• Must have excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
• Find practical and simple solutions to complex problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality.
• Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, designing process and system solutions, writing detailed functional specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule; as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection and communicating results throughout the organization.
• Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving, and communication skills to influence business and technical audiences
• Work collaboratively with multiple teams to partner on a common goal/project
• Help develop long-term department strategies and significantly influences the cross-company project development and delivery processes and standards.
• Candidates must be independent and flexible, with solid communication skills, and a strong customer focus.
• Outstanding analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
• Must be detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on issues.
• Candidate must have basic Supply Chain and Planning knowledge through work experience or coursework.
• Proficiency in SQL, Microsoft Excel and basic programming skills.
• At least 6-10 years of experience as an Operations/ Logistics / Planning manager
• Engineering Degree, Masters in Management studies or MBA.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Strong program management skills and ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.