Job description / Role
Head of Legal / Director – Legal
Our client is a leading UAE Real Estate Management company. They currently seek a Head of legal to join their Dubai based team.
• Responsible to provide complete in house legal services on all matters pertaining to the company in its operations and corporate affairs.
• Providing proactive, in-depth, legal, business-focused advice to the business, as well as implementing initiatives and processes in order to set standards and reinforce a culture of integrity, quality, ethical behavior and responsibility across the business.
• Defend and protect the interests of the Company.
• Identify potential risks and look for ways to mitigate them
Responsibilities and Duties
• Provide legal consultation, advice and support to companies across the business in respect of both existing and prospective matters, and to identify, contain and manage exposure and contingent risk.
• Assisting the business in compliance with all various legal requirements.
• Advising on minimal liability and legal exposure for the business.
• Suggest and advise on various legal matters such as commercial contracts, dispute resolution, regulatory, employment and governance.
• Ensure legal documents are drafted, reviewed and interpreted as per applicable laws.
• Take appropriate steps on different types of legal issues.
• Following up with external lawyers on litigation related to the Company.
• Draft, advising, negotiating core business agreements and terms to establish and set-up new approved Joint Ventures/companies, leasing, supply and procurement, sub-contracting, HR and finance agreement, to conclude the required business within the legal requirements to serve and protect the interest of the company.
• While advising Management, research the necessary comparable legal procedures and laws, as well as comparable cases.
• Knowledge on how to apply the law to the company’s circumstances.
• Analyze and standardize the approved legal procedures for Company businesses to ensure effective processing and to avoid future liability.
• Represent and defend all leasing cases at the Dubai/Abu Dhabi Municipality to resolve the issues ensuring protection of Company's interests
• Provide counsel and guidance on matters including liabilities, indemnities, contracts, commercial proposals, competition, and construction related specifications.
• Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
• Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
• Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
• Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
• Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
• Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
• Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
• Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
• Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
• Maintain current knowledge of alterations as per current law/legislation
• Attend meeting of Board of Directors and shareholders of the Company and take the minutes of the meeting.
• Monitor compliance with Board’s policies and procedures
Qualifications and Experience
• 10 – 12 years of experience
• Sound judgment and the ability to independently multitask
• Excellent knowledge about UAE laws and corporate governance
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.
Regional Legal Counsel
Howden Insurance Brokers LLC
In-house Legal Counsel
Ignite Search & Selection
Al Boom Marine
Ignite Search & Selection