Job description / Role
The Director of Finance is responsible for establishing, coordinating and managing all financial systems, internal controls as well as the Hotel's capital expenditure strategy. They are responsible for preparing and reviewing budgets, forecasts, operating results, financial reports and tax returns, in accordance with government regulations.
The Director of Finance provides short and long-term planning as well as the daily management of the Hotel's finances. He/She defines and recommends the financial objectives of the Hotel as well as the budget. The Director of Finance is responsible for communicating the financial results to the General Manager, Head Office and Owners.
- Prepare annual budgets and monthly forecasts directly; define or recommend tkey economic policies and objectives for the Hotel
- Assist the General Manager in directly preparing the annual and monthly forecasts and resports, in order to provide an overview and forecast of revenues, expenses and Hotel benefits based on past, present and expected activities
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements, contractual obligations and accounting procedures and policies, by implementing the procedures of the security, accounting audits and internal controls
- Ensuring the collection of payments in accordance with the principles of the company
- Control hotel expenses to ensure compliance with budget guidelines; gather financial information and communicate it to the General Manager
- Manage performance issues that arise within accounting; train, develop, coach and advise; conduct assessments of performance
- Ensure optimal compliance with the group's audit strategy
- Be part of the operations team, attend all meetings programmed and contribute actively by being duly prepared
- Communicate effectively with team members
- Meet daily with management to discuss key activities of the moment
Level of Education
Bachelor / Licence
Areas of study
Economy, Finance, Accounting
6 to 10 years
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.