Job description / Role
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240 000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences
Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
Raffles the Palm
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
This position's primary responsibility is to provide leadership and management for the Food & Beverage Division and be accountable for operations assets, its personnel's actions, personal property, the use and end result. This position is also responsible for establishing business plans which results in the long term continued growth, profitability of the division and guest loyalty.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and promote Raffles service culture and operating standards.
- Direct all operational activities towards supporting the Hotel's goals - Gross Operating Profit, Guest Satisfaction, Brand Consistency and Employee Engagement.
- Set periodical business plan, budget, and forecast and performance reports.
- Coordinate the development, interpretation and implementation of Raffles / hotel's policies, operating procedures and training programs, manuals, directives, menus, work schedules, rules and regulations for the food and beverage staff.
- Analyze daily reports to check irregularities.
- Implement Raffles service culture and operating standards.
- Conduct random checks to ensure that all standards are being followed consistently in the F&B Division.
- Maintain up-to-date records on food and beverage employees' attendance, appearance, work and vacation schedules, labor costs, payroll, absenteeism, turnover and disciplinary action.
- Approve the employment and termination of food and beverage staff and employees and is responsible for on-the-job training on a regular basis.
- Ensure the implementation of HACCP policies and procedures throughout the F&B Division.
- Work closely with local, state and governmental organizations in maintaining the highest standards of hygiene, sanitation and cleanliness in food and beverage areas.
- Handle all guest complaints in the food and beverage division
- Monitor all F&B prices, establish benchmarks, analyze sales mix, and ensure optimal pricing strategy to drive profitability
- Coordinate the selection, purchasing, storage, inventorying, maintenance and usage of all related food and beverage supplies and equipment.
- Develop new and special promotions that will improve guest satisfaction under the guidelines of the Raffles standards operating procedures.
- Develop and maintain effective communications between all operating departments.
- Conduct daily F&B Meeting to discuss VIP guests in house & arrival, F&B revenue updates, operational challenges and ways to improve.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all divisions to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness
- Ensure that all F&B outlets update Guest Preference database on a regular basis
- Coordinate promotional plan with Public Relation as well as menu cycles with the Executive Chef
- Develop high performing F&B management team to take on the next role. Growing Managers within Raffles
- Respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation .
- Solid business / financial acumen with good understanding of luxury hotel operations
- Act as a role model in delivering elegant and understated service with sophistication
- Demonstrate leadership qualities to build strong employee engagement
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Candidate should be up-to-date when it comes to F&B trends, and knowledgeable of the successful concepts
- The candidate should be aware of the digital platform and make good use of them as to enhance the exposure of the F&B offer
- Good communicator with fluency in English. Ability to communicate in a local language where the hotel operates (e.g. French, Mandarin, Arabic, etc) is desirable
- Proven organizational skills, able to set and meet deadlines with quality results.
- Good understanding of budgeting, forecasting, expenses and payroll control
- Executive presence - self-assured exuding quiet confidence and humility
- Degree from a reputable hotel school preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in managing F&B operations in a luxury hotel gained from working in key cities / resorts destinations globally.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.