Job description / Role
Director Interior Design, Design & Technical Services - Luxury
The Director, Interior Design will be integral to the success of our global growth plans, driving the direction of our interior design strategy for existing hotels and new design initiatives for all new build, conversion, renovation and prototype hotel projects within Accor.
- Reporting to the Vice President Design and Technical Services, responsibilities and essential job functions include the following:
- Liaise with Owners' representatives to ensure their understanding of and compliance with Accor Brand Design Standards and expectations.
- Prepare, issue and communicate Project Brand specific Design Briefs for consultant team direction.
- Review and approve all Interior Architectural and FF&E Layouts and elevations, as necessary for renovations and new builds. Scope includes, but is not limited to Guestrooms, Corridors, Public Areas, Meeting & Ballrooms, F&B Outlets, Spa, Children's / Teen Center & Business Center.
- Collaborate with Design & Technical Services and all regional representatives to ensure thorough understanding of the operational requirements in guest facing areas of the properties.
- Liaise with Interior Designers, Architects, Lighting Designers, etc, to ensure understanding of and adherence to Accor Brand Design parameters and project design briefs.
- Visit, inspect and validate the mock-up rooms and assist D&TS Leads in issuing reports resulting from these reviews.
- Consistently offers professional, innovative, engaging and friendly service to colleagues, stakeholders and owners alike.
- Participate in preparation of Program Committee documentation and validate that projects are in line with the brand(s) standards. Report non compliances.
- Degree level in Interior Design or Architecture
- 10 years' plus experience in interior design with focus on resorts and Lux hotels..
- An eye for detail, good analytical skills and be capable of making sound business decisions.
- Highly organized, charismatic, hands on team player with exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, CAD, InDesign, Photoshop or similar design presentation software.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Fluent in English and French.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are 280,000 women and men placing people at the heart of what we do, and nurturing real passion for service and achievement Joining Accor means embarking on a unique life journey to imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Interior Designer (Hospitality/Hotel Projects)
Senior Interior Designer - Hotel Projects
Interior Designer (Joinery and Fit Out)
RTC-1 Employment Services
Senior Interior Designer (Hospitality)