Job description / Role
Emirates Palace is centrally located in the heart of Abu Dhabi, close to major visitor attractions and the main business areas of the city. Just 40 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport and 90 minutes from Dubai Airport, Emirates Palace is conveniently situated for both leisure and business travellers. Popular tourist sites close to the Emirates Palace include the Grand Mosque and the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre, both located 20 minutes away. The Marina Mall and major shopping attractions are also within walking distance of the hotel.
Director of Revenue Management
The Director of Revenue Management and Reservation will lead efforts to optimize total hotel revenues. Member of the hotel executive committee, this position reports to the General Manager with a dotted line to the Regional Director of Business Development (MEA). The Director of Revenue Management is responsible for the reservations and e-commerce departments. Suitable candidates will demonstrate a successful ability to apply analytical and strategic planning competencies to balance inventory, pricing and demand to maximize rooms revenue opportunities, whilst contributing to total hotel revenue optimization. The successful individual will have great communication skills with strong problem solving and decision making abilities. It is essential that the candidate can build good relationships with both co-workers and customers as well as effectively contribute to the hotel executive team. For this senior role, being results driven is vital as are great planning, organizational skills and business acumen.
- Record, maintain and analyze historical, current and statistical data
- Evaluate hotel market mix and complete accurate hotel revenue forecasts.
- Monitor future demand and recommend yield strategies.
- Ensure inventory allocation and pricing parameters are positioned to support optimum business mix and total hotel revenue objectives.
- Maximizing net room revenue contribution through a thorough understanding of all booking channels and management of inventory and rate therein.
- Track competitive set pricing and yield strategies, understanding the comp set's reaction to changes in the marketplace.
- Participate in the planning processes for the hotel budget, marketing and strategic plans.
- Works closely with DOSM and sales team to encourage strategic selection of the right piece of business.
- Work with the hotel commercial team to determine effective and engaging offers, which are then
- Offered to the right customer in the right channel.
- Oversee the input and pricing strategy of contracted wholesale and corporate for each season.
- As part of the hotel commercial leadership team, actively contribute to the identification of new business development opportunities and lead penetration strategic action planning.
- Conduct regular audits of systems and channels (PMS, CRS, CRO, GDS, Lanyon, etc..) to ensure
- accuracy of rates, package information and availability.
- Monitor and execute rate strategies using inventory & pricing management tools.
- Is engaging and supports the hotels selling strategy in all distribution systems.
- Prepare and lead hotel weekly strategy meeting as per company content guidelines.
- Prepare timely revenue summaries as required by hotel and regional leadership teams.
- Review and provide performance comments for each market segment and as required.
- Monitor, maintain and fully leverage hotel Revenue Management System (RMS). Work closely with RMS provider for optimum system performance delivery.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the reservations & e-commerce teams.
- Elaborates / updates policies and procedures related to each department.
- Training, developing and motivating stuff in order to achieve maximum efficiency
- Ongoing education of Reservations and Front Office to ensure revenue management concepts are
- Understood and upselling techniques consistently applied
- Monitor and ensure telephone sales techniques are employed to support hotel selling strategies and
- Driving customer loyalty.
- Lead the recruitment process of new staff for the reservations and e-commerce departments.
- Holds regular performance appraisals with reservations and e-commerce department leaders as per company guidelines.
- Maintain a high level of communication with other departments.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar senior Director of Revenue Management role.
- Knowledge of the local market
- Degree in Hotel /Hospitality Management
- Demonstrated performance track record
- Must display strong analytic al, organizational and administrative skills to be able to deal with multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must be flexible with the ability to sustain a high level of productivity and efficiency at all times.
- Proven leadership, organizational and guest service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Opera, EzRMS, SynXis, RateTiger
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proven leadership skills and experience managing colleagues.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Adapt to change quickly and strong multi-tasking.
- Excellent grooming standards
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies