Director of Rooms
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
- Ensure the smooth and efficient running of all operational aspects of the Rooms Division and to ensure that the various departments are run according to the standards set for the brand in general and the hotel specifically
- Drive Divisional entrepreneurial approach, ensure divisional resources are aligned to successfully implement the hotel annual growth strategy and accomplish our Purpose.
- Oversee the Rooms Guest Signature Touch Point experience from check-in to check-out for all guests, working through each Head of Department to ensure a seamlessly perfect guest experience and make adjustments where necessary.
- Maximise employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
- Strategically analyse business performance to facilitate accurate and meaningful forecasting, involving the respective Heads of Department as appropriate.
- Oversee and assists in the recruitment and selection of all Rooms employees, and ensure that Heads of Department follow hotel guidelines when recruiting and use a competency-based approach to selecting their employees.
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.