Job description / Role
We are Heartists®
"Heartist © " describes both our culture and who we are. Everything we do comes from the heart, and we're experts in what we do. Generous, attentive, and free, we ensure that everyone can come as they are, and feel like they belong. As one big team, we know that only together can we do amazing things!
We believe that the world is more welcoming when we're connected. So that we see what we have in common, instead of what sets us apart.
Life in Adagio
Stay, Live, Enjoy!
We create memories for our guests and fellow Heartists® offering personalized experiences with a Glocalized urban touch. We discover together and are flexible to our guest's discerning needs.
Has successfully led Sales Team with tangible results and has multi-brand experience
- Is able to position 3 different brands with unique experiences in the market with the right price point and market segments
- Leads performance of a diverse Sales Team (role includes managing pre-openings and an operational hotel)
- Has core experience of Corporate Sales with exposure to Leisure, Government and other segments
- Drives Sales performance through strong understanding of market and liaising with regional teams, collaborating with other Accor Hotels in the region and global teams
- Under the general guidance and supervision of the Hotel Manager, and within the limits of established Accor polices & procedures, is responsible for planning and managing the overall sales of the hotel to achieve optimal occupancy, maximizing revenue, and meeting/exceeding hotel profit objectives.
- Takes time and get to know the guests, and to be committed to service excellence.
- Is responsible for total revenue including group and transient rooms, group food and beverage, meeting room rental, local catering, and other avenues as well as assisting and actively participating in yield management strategies.
- Strategizes areas including market mix, pricing, status, direct sales, and collaborates with marketing. Serves as an advisor to the Hotel Manager on business intelligence.
- Develops and maintains (managed through marketing executive) media contacts, plans press conferences and other press activities. Acts as hotel's liaison with media to promote good publicity and counteract bad publicity.
- Develops sales initiatives to actively promote & position the Adagio Brand, Mercure and Ibis Styles in different stages
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities:
Planning & Organizing:
- Prepares, implements and compiles data for the strategic sales plan, monthly reporting, annual goals, sales budget, forecasts and other reports as directed/required.
- Develops new plans and programs and determine the effectiveness of current plans and programs.
- Conducts market research/surveys, actively in marketing intelligence. Monitors competitor's activities at all times including the social media platforms and reports to the Hotel Manager for further actions.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g. CVGR, generating proposal, Corporate Rate Application letter, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Identifies new markets and business opportunities in collaboration with team and regional sales teams to increase sales.
- Demonstrates strong negotiation skills to maximize hotel profit in all revenue producing areas.
- Ensures that all Heartists in his/her team report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform, name badge and are displaying Heartist Behaviors at all times.
- Is fully aware and conversant of ISO9001/14001 and EarthCheck policies and procedures and is responsible to integrate them in the day to day operation.
- Recruits the headcount for his/her team
- Manages his/her team in an equitable manner and in accordance with local labor laws and Accor philosophy.
- Evaluates each member of his/her team at least once a year give team members' regular feedback on their job performance.
- Displays exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment, counselling employees as appropriate and demonstrating a dedicated and professional approach to management.
- Convenes meetings with his/her team at regular intervals for information purposes.
- Directs and manages all group, transient, and catering/banquet sales activities to maximize revenue for the hotel.
- Surveys, reviews and analyses competition, market trends, customer needs and comments in order to be proactive and adapt with business intelligence.
- Actively participates in sales presentations, property tours and customer meetings.
- Ensures optimal compliance with corporate audits.
- Manages performance issues that arise within the Sales team.
- Effectively communicates with other departments to plan and schedule Sales activities to align with organization and each department goals.
- Conducts a daily briefing with department on current key activities.
- Evaluate changes in guest needs, the guest mix and competitive set, to recommend appropriate product/service and operational changes as necessary.
- Ensures guest and employee satisfaction, while maintaining market competitiveness and exceptional financial performance.
- Participates in community and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and promote a positive image.
- Ensures constant update of new technologies and strategies to ensure the brand remains at the forefront of online with the design.
- Liaises with the Sales and Digital teams in Regional office for sales and Digital initiatives and adhere to the same in enhancing the hotel's revenue while calculating the ROI for each initiative.
- Liaises with Revenue Manager and Hotel Manager for enhancing the revenue streams, new avenues and ensuring that the revenue is maximised for the hotel.
- Keeps continuous interaction with Finance department for follow-ups on credits, accounts and reports to maintain best relations and performance.
- Conducts daily sales calls and arrange site inspection trips to hotels by corporate clients.
- Able to support hotels service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience
- Accompanies sales team on sales calls to potential clients to assist in development of the account and to access the effectiveness and sales skills of the sales person.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Acquires and develops new business accounts and preparing sales proposals for clients
- Actively involves in suggesting ideas to enhance traffic in F&B outlets and other revenue opportunities.
- Liaises with Front Office, Banqueting, F&B and Finance re: all Hotel sales activities.
- Produces and controls all sales literature, including brochures, flyers, poster, promotional letters and giveaways.
- Manages the RFP and other administrative duties efficiently with the team.
- Is responsible and holds responsibility of team for account management of key market segments.
- As directed, participates in tradeshows, road shows and promotional events within the hotel and trade related organizations.
- Establishes new corporate accounts year round and manages team productivity for new account generation.
- Informs concerned departments important VIP arrivals, property tours, etc. well in advance.
- Monitors a calendar on quarterly basis, promotions and mailer campaigns on Social Media with all departments.
- Regularly reviews competitive websites and offers in terms of product range, marketing and other digital initiatives.
- Manages the RFP and other administrative duties efficiently with the team.
- Closely follows up on all business leads within a 24 hour response timeline to clients with his/her Sales team.
- Manages performance issues that arise within the Sales teams.
- Ensures appropriate hiring, training, motivating, coaching, counselling and developing of department's team members.
- Is responsible for submitting weekly Sales report with detailed activities to the Hotel Manager.
- Maintains account, contact, and activity and business details within Opera S&C and ANAIS according to Accor standards.
- Compiles Sales and competitive intelligence information.
- Is responsible for all reports, plans and key coordination of data with Regional Sales Team.
- Respects and applies the hotel and brand's guidelines & policies.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Sales and Business Development Manager
Director of Marketing and Communications
Sales Manager - Government
Sales Manager - FMCG Retail
BuildWell HR Solutions