Job description / Role
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo!
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
- Responsible for ensuring the spa is recognized as one of the finest resort spas in the world. These goals must ensure Colleague satisfaction, Guest satisfaction, financial success, health and safety and environmental stewardship.
- Direct operations of the facility, including short- and long-range strategic planning so that the spa operates cost effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure the establishment and execution of all departmental goals.
- Manage, train, and motivate all personnel reporting to this position.
- Serve as a link between the hotel and the spa industry.
- Meet with group meeting planners to show spa facility and programs as required.
- Promote and sell customized spa programs to conference groups as required.
- Tour prospective spa Guests.
- Provide and take responsibility for the professional delivery of all information on the telephone and in person to all potential spa Guests.
- Promote all hotel and spa packages and promotions.
- Lead in the implementation of 12-month marketing plan.
- Identify new business and marketing opportunities.
- Assist in the Implementation of 12-month public relations program, i.e. calendar of events, media etc.
- Work efficiently with hotel public relations in all aspects of spa / hotel promotion as required.
- Act as a spokesperson for the Spa and the Brand.
- Work with Corporate advertising, promotion and public relations as required.
- Work with hotel and regional sales and marketing as required.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of competitors, including location, product offering, pricing, promotion and sales techniques.
- Administration and implementation of staff training in all aspects of the spa's operations i.e. business telephone usage, guest relations, spa services (massage, body scrubs, facials etc.), retail sales etc.
- Assist in the supervision, operation and coverage of all spa departments:
* Front desk/reception
* Ensure effective communication amongst all departments within the hotel.
- Establishment of professional business relationship with all vendors and development of all products inventories.
- Ensure adherence of standard operating procedures for each department.
- Submit monthly report requirements and information to Managing Director, Hotel Manager, including monthly business report, and treatment audits.
- Ensure adherence of departmental and facility policies.
- Establishment of ongoing administrative controls.
- Assist in the recruitment, development and training of all department heads and support staff.
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
- Ensure that weekly/monthly departmental communication meetings are effective.
- Available for Colleague and Manager inquiries.
- Communications: respond / review voice-mail and e-mail messages.
- Facility walk-through to have a visual presence within the department for all spa staff.
Health and Safety
- Follow and ensure that all Colleagues follow all safety procedures and practices, lead by example.
- Ensure all departments adhere to all safety practices of Raffles Spas.
- Assist in the development and adherence of all departmental emergency procedures.
- Ensure Colleagues have a complete understanding of and adhere to the spa's policy relating to safety.
- Responsibilities encompass the area of fiscal budgeting and analysis, including the development of annual budgets for the departments within the facility.
- Approve payroll hours and hotel administered service charges/gratuity reports.
- Review daily productivity.
- Monitor scheduling of all services and special programming.
- Review/approve purchase requisitions.
- Within 2 days of the month-end profit and loss statement distribution, submit variance report to Hotel Manager and Managing Director.
- Generate monthly facility productivity report.
- Measurement of the spa actual performance to budget.
- Operations and capital improvement budget preparation.
- Review expenditures to ensure they are in keeping within the operating budgets.
- Review/approve all invoices before payment.
- Review of remuneration of all salaried employees and independent contractors.
- Control the cost of goods purchased, services supplied and labor necessary to the sales and production of our products and service.
- Ensure that the spa department maintains a positive relationship internally and with all departments in the hotel.
- Performance management discussions as required.
- Attend/chair weekly, individual and group manager meetings.
- Conduct developmental discussions/performance reviews with individuals who directly report to Spa Director.
- Develop facility's staffing plans.
- Goal(s) follow-up with each manager (usually during an individual weekly manager meeting.).
- Establish short term and long term goals for each supervisor and review status of each goal on a monthly basis.
- Attend departmental meetings i.e. body tech, aesthetics, etc.
- Responsible for supervising all aspects of Colleagues, i.e. hiring, recognition, progressive corrective action , etc.
- Responsible for the efficient training of all Colleagues in all aspects of job tasks.
- Responsible for all spa department's emergency training.
- Ensure Colleagues adhere to all spa standards as stated in the employee handbook.
- Conduct performance appraisals on a timely manner.
- Ensure the facility is in peak condition at all times (operations and cleanliness).
- Ensure Guest/Member satisfaction at all times by ensuring that safety and service is always the spa's first priority.
- Ensure cross training of all Colleagues in all applicable positions.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree (Business Administration) an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in management position in a spa or related field an asset.
- Experience in the hospitality industry an asset.
- Desire to provide phenomenal Guest experiences.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.