Director of Sustainability
Job description / Role
Director of Sustainability - South East Asia, Middle East Africa
Reporting to the Region CSO, you will be responsible for Operational adoption and compliance of the South East Asia and Middle East Africa Sustainability strategy.
Your main activities will be to:
- Support hotels in the adoption of the South East Asia and Middle East Africa Sustainability strategy and commitments (including carbon reduction, waste & food waste reduction, and sustainable food.
- Provide expertise and active contribution on sustainability issues, advice and expertise to operational staff (hotel managers and property teams)
- Lead the adoption of Food Waste measures within the properties.
- Ensure compliance to the implementation of the sustainability strategy
- To conduct on property audits for compliance with sustainability initiatives
- To provide clarity to operational to increase compliance to sustainability measures
- Maintains current working knowledge of, and ensures compliance with, all applicable local environmental and social laws and regulations
- Train and develop on operational teams on the operational requirements for sustainability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Thorough and current knowledge of sustainability practices, and applicable laws and regulations
- Ability to influence operational teams with practical solutions to sustainability challenges
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to create, interpret, and execute a budget
- Willingness to travel extensively through the region for property visits
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in related field required; Masters degree highly preferred
- Professional certification preferred
- 10 years operational experience (with Food and Beverage capability)
- Fluent in English
If you meet the qualifications and are excited about the opportunity, we invite you to submit your application for consideration.
We look forward to hearing from you!
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.